Spectacular Tombs, Splendid Monuments
Uncover the secrets of Ancient Egypt's visionary pharaohs, engineers, and architects, who created some of the finest monuments the world has ever seen. On-location footage and computer modeling recreate architectural landmarks that continue to enthrall and inspire. Noted historians and Egyptologists reveal the highly advanced construction techniques used to create such wonders as:
- The Sphinx - what secrets lie behind its silent gaze?
- Hatshepsut's Temple - why was the face of the Pharaoh erased?
- The Valley of the Kinds - how did the Pharaohs reach the afterlife?
- Karnak Temple Complex - who tore it apart?
- Temple of Ramses the Great - how could it vanish for thousands of years?
- Treasures of Tutankhamen
5000 Years Of Magnificent Wonders
Discover the secrets of more than 60 of Man's most spectacular achievements from around the world. Who built them, and why? What inspired them? Why do these magnificent creations continue to instill a sense of awe-inspiring wonder? Spectacular photography, state-of-the-art computer animation, dramatic reenactments, and insightful commentary capture the astonishing beauty and power of 5000 Years of Magnificent Wonders to experience time and again.