Title consists of 80 broadcast quality digital clips ranging in length from 7 to 25 seconds.
Traditional Livelihoods: TLV (80 clips)
This collection features various types of farming, herding, fishing, logging, craft production and marketing from traditional societies in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
- TLV01 Rice paddy Myanmar
- TLV02 Plowing rice paddy
- TLV03 Transplanting rice
- TLV04 Oxen plowing Myanmar
- TLV05 Wooden plow Myanmar
- TLV06 Plowing rice Java
- TLV07 Transplanting rice Java
- TLV08 Hand irrigation Vietnam
- TLV09 Farm fields Vietnam
- TLV10 Working in rice Vietnam
- TLV11 Harvesting rice Vietnam
- TLV12 Harvesting rice Bali
- TLV13 Burning rice straw Bali
- TLV14 Field worker Bali
- TLV15 Burning straw Bali
- TLV16 Driving buffalos Nepal
- TLV17 Man with rice Nepal
- TLV18 Thrashing rice Nepal
- TLV19 Trashing rice Nepal
- TLV20 Cutting rice Nepal
- TLV21 Fixing elephant food Nepal
- TLV22 Loading chickens Nepal
- TLV23 Tapping palm sugar Myanmar
- TLV24 Plowing with yaks Ladakh
- TLV25 Harvesting potatoes Ladakh
- TLV26 Digging up potatoes
- TLV27 Storing potatoes in pit
- TLV28 Potato harvest Ladakh
- TLV29 Threshing barley Ladakh
- TLV30 Thrashing floor Ladakh
- TLV31 Winnowing chaff Ladakh
- TLV32 Winnowing Ladakh
- TLV33 Wheat harvest Central Asia
- TLV34 Wheat and donkey Morocco
- TLV35 Wheat harvest Morocco
- TLV36 Harvesting wheat Morocco
- TLV37 Peanut harvest Senegal
- TLV38 Millet and cattle Senegal
- TLV39 Potato harvest Venezuela
- TLV40 Venezuela potato harvest
- TLV41 Plowing Venezuela
- TLV42 Village cattle Mali W
- TLV43 Herding cattle Senegal
- TLV44 Herding cattle Central Asia
- TLV45 Herding cattle Siberia
- TLV46 Herding cattle Venezuela
- TLV47 Cattle roundup Venezuela
- TLV48 Driving cattle Venezuela
- TLV49 Sheep herd Western China
- TLV50 Herding sheep Siberia
- TLV51 Reindeer herders Siberia
- TLV52 Roping reindeer Siberia
- TLV53 Captured reindeer Siberia
- TLV54 Fishing in Mekong Laos
- TLV55 Casting net Myanmar
- TLV56 Coastal fishing Morocco
- TLV57 Fishing in Niger Mali
- TLV58 Casting net Mali
- TLV59 Collecting sea food Pacific
- TLV60 Collecting Cook Islands
- TLV61 Collecting sea cucumbers
- TLV62 Reef fishing Cook Islands
- TLV63 Logs Myanmar
- TLV64 Moving logs Myanmar
- TLV65 Sawing log Thailand
- TLV66 Sawing wood block Thailand
- TLV67 Carving wood Thailand
- TLV68 Drilling wood Morocco
- TLV69 Making pot Morocco
- TLV70 Weaving cotton Mali
- TLV71 Decorating cloth Mali
- TLV72 Decorated cloth Mali village
- TLV73 Selling baskets Tonga
- TLV74 Food market Myanmar
- TLV75 Floating market Thailand
- TLV76 Food market Laos
- TLV77 Food market Central Asia
- TLV78 Leaving market Mali
- TLV79 Market in Mali
- TLV80 Market vendor Mali
Using your GlobeScope Collection DVD
To use the clips on a GlobeScope DVD-ROM you will need Quick Time on your computer. If you do not have QuickTime, you may download it from: http://www.apple.com
The GlobeScope video clips on DVD-ROMS can be imported into most non-linear editing programs for Macs and PCs. The clips are broadcast quality QuickTime movie files slightly compressed using the Photo JPEG.mov file type (NTSC, 720 x 486 pixels, 30 frames per second). The clips are too large to play smoothly on many desktops. To play well, a clip should be imported into a non-linear editing program such as Adobe Premier, Adobe Premier Pro, Avid, Avid Express, Media-100, Pinnacle, Final Cut Pro, or i-Movie 4 or later.
If you are editing with an i-Movie program that predates the version included with i-Life 4, you will need to upgrade to i-Life 4. This will automatically convert the .mov clips on this disk into the .dv clips used by i-Movie. To upgrade go to http://www.apple.com and be sure to check your computer configuration with the listed system requirements.
If, after meeting the basic requirements listed above, you continue having problems using clips in the GlobeScope collection, you may return the DVD-ROM to Academic Media Network, Inc., 946 NW Circle Blvd. #295, Corvallis, OR, 97330 with a request that it be replaced with the same collection on a mini-DV tape. For reference to the clips, you may then download the .pdf index file for the collection from the GlobeScope web site.
GlobeScope User License Agreement
You are granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use and modify the GlobeScope images on this disk subject to the following conditions. By using any product on this disk you agree to be bound by the terms of this agreement.
Use License - Anything produced using GlobeScope images must be for personal use or for the use of your school, institution, company, client, or customer who must be the end-user of your work. You may not rent, lend, sell, lease or sub license the images to another institution, business, or other entity. The disk may not be copied for use on multiple computers at the same time.
Non-Retail Uses - The images may be incorporated into a derivative work such as a report, public presentation, promotion of school or local event, film, video, broadcast, internet or print project. The images may not be used, sold, licensed, reproduced or distributed as a stand-alone imagery element, made available as downloadable files, or included in any other clip media and/or stock image product, nor as a set of clips for distribution or resale.
Retail Products - Copies of the derivative works in which the images are allowed to be used may be reproduced, sold, and distributed with the following limitations: The images may not comprise the entire finished work nor may the primary value of the product come from the use of GlobeScope images alone. In addition, you agree to prohibit any third party from duplicating or distributing any of these images included in the finished work. GlobeScope would appreciate a credit line on the finished product that reads "Stock Footage from The GlobeScope Collection".
Special Limitations - The GlobeScope images may not be used in conjunction with defamatory, obscene, fraudulent, libelous, pornographic, immoral or illegal material.
Copyright Academic Media Network, Inc. - holds the copyright to all GlobeScope images. They are protected by United States copyright laws and international treaty agreements. No intellectual property rights are transferred to you and Academic Media Network retains all rights not expressly granted by this license Agreement.
Liability Academic Media Network - or its licensers, will not be liable for any damages or pecuniary loss arising out of the use of or the inability to use the GlobeScope images. Licenser's entire liability and your exclusive remedy will be the amount paid for the particular image collection and no more.