Title consists of 80 broadcast quality digital clips ranging in length from 7 to 25 seconds.
Vietnam: VIE (80 clips)
The Vietnam collection includes Hanoi, Ho Chi Mihn's Tomb, the Bat Thap pagoda at Ha Bac village, the Pottery village of Bat Trang, a boat on the Red River, rice paddies and karst topography at Tam Ca, the former Vietnamese capital of Hau Lu with its ancient temples, Hue on the Perfume River with boats, royal palaces, and tombs, Hai Van Pass, the Da Nang museum, China Beach, the quaint town of Hoi An and Ho Chi Mihn City with views from Majestic Hotel and sights at the former Presidential palace.
- VIE01 Hanoi vegetable vendors
- VIE02 Pedicabs and scooters
- VIE03 Bicycles and scooters
- VIE04 Hanoi market
- VIE05 Hanoi paper market
- VIE06 French colonial building
- VIE07 Gate to Temple of Literature
- VIE08 Pool Temple of Literature
- VIE09 Flag Ho Chi Minh mausoleum
- VIE10 Crowds Ho Chi Minh tomb
- VIE11 Entering Ho Chi Minh tomb
- VIE12 Ho Chi Minh Museum
- VIE13 Houses Hanoi
- VIE14 Irrigating rice paddies
- VIE15 Leading cow on dike
- VIE16 Road through rice paddies
- VIE17 Man with grazing calf
- VIE18 Woman with water buffalo
- VIE19 Women with bucket
- VIE20 Chinese style temple
- VIE21 Farmers market
- VIE22 People at market
- VIE23 Fish pond and farm house
- VIE24 Village street near Hanoi
- VIE25 Boat on Red River
- VIE26 Boats in karst landscape
- VIE27 Woven boat
- VIE28 Boat enters cave
- VIE29 Leaving cave
- VIE30 Working in rice paddy
- VIE31 Motor bike in village
- VIE32 Farm house
- VIE33 Pot bellied pig
- VIE34 Temple entrance Hoa Lu
- VIE35 Temple and flags Hoa Lu
- VIE36 Approaching temple Hoa Lu
- VIE37 Perfume River Hue
- VIE38 Reflection and boat Hue
- VIE39 Dragon boat Hue
- VIE40 Palace and pools Hue
- VIE41 Palace and flowers Hue
- VIE42 Palace Hue
- VIE43 People in palace complex Hue
- VIE44 Palace with red doors Hue
- VIE45 Gardens Imperial tombs Hue
- VIE46 Bridge and temple Hue
- VIE47 Tile roofed temple Hue
- VIE48 Temple and pink flowers Hue
- VIE49 Imperial tombs Hue
- VIE50 Taking photo at tombs
- VIE51 Stone figure guards tomb
- VIE52 Nguyen Dynasty tomb Hue
- VIE53 Boys chase water buffalo
- VIE54 Fortifications Hai Van Pass
- VIE55 China Beach
- VIE56 Women on China Beach
- VIE57 Women and waves
- VIE58 Stone cow Da Nang museum
- VIE59 Cham sculpture Da Nang
- VIE60 Women on boats Hoi An
- VIE61 Hoi An street from balcony
- VIE62 Street scene Hoi An
- VIE63 Bikes on Hoi An street
- VIE64 Houses along Hoi An street
- VIE65 Hoi An houses
- VIE66 Carving wood Hoi An
- VIE67 Buddhist temple ceremony
- VIE68 In Buddhist temple Hoi An
- VIE69 Girls run in Hoi An market
- VIE70 Hoi An market
- VIE71 Saigon River
- VIE72 Ho Chi Minh City
- VIE73 Tank Thong Nhat grounds
- VIE74 Helicopter from Vietnam War
- VIE75 Reunification Hall
- VIE76 Conference room in Hall
- VIE77 Touring Hall
- VIE78 Ho Chi Minh City streets
- VIE79 Saigon River with ships
- VIE80 Night view Ho Chi Minh City
Using your GlobeScope Collection DVD
To use the clips on a GlobeScope DVD-ROM you will need Quick Time on your computer. If you do not have QuickTime, you may download it from: http://www.apple.com
The GlobeScope video clips on DVD-ROMS can be imported into most non-linear editing programs for Macs and PCs. The clips are broadcast quality QuickTime movie files slightly compressed using the Photo JPEG.mov file type (NTSC, 720 x 486 pixels, 30 frames per second). The clips are too large to play smoothly on many desktops. To play well, a clip should be imported into a non-linear editing program such as Adobe Premier, Adobe Premier Pro, Avid, Avid Express, Media-100, Pinnacle, Final Cut Pro, or i-Movie 4 or later.
If you are editing with an i-Movie program that predates the version included with i-Life 4, you will need to upgrade to i-Life 4. This will automatically convert the .mov clips on this disk into the .dv clips used by i-Movie. To upgrade go to http://www.apple.com and be sure to check your computer configuration with the listed system requirements.
If, after meeting the basic requirements listed above, you continue having problems using clips in the GlobeScope collection, you may return the DVD-ROM to Academic Media Network, Inc., 946 NW Circle Blvd. #295, Corvallis, OR, 97330 with a request that it be replaced with the same collection on a mini-DV tape. For reference to the clips, you may then download the .pdf index file for the collection from the GlobeScope web site.
GlobeScope User License Agreement
You are granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use and modify the GlobeScope images on this disk subject to the following conditions. By using any product on this disk you agree to be bound by the terms of this agreement.
Use License - Anything produced using GlobeScope images must be for personal use or for the use of your school, institution, company, client, or customer who must be the end-user of your work. You may not rent, lend, sell, lease or sub license the images to another institution, business, or other entity. The disk may not be copied for use on multiple computers at the same time.
Non-Retail Uses - The images may be incorporated into a derivative work such as a report, public presentation, promotion of school or local event, film, video, broadcast, internet or print project. The images may not be used, sold, licensed, reproduced or distributed as a stand-alone imagery element, made available as downloadable files, or included in any other clip media and/or stock image product, nor as a set of clips for distribution or resale.
Retail Products - Copies of the derivative works in which the images are allowed to be used may be reproduced, sold, and distributed with the following limitations: The images may not comprise the entire finished work nor may the primary value of the product come from the use of GlobeScope images alone. In addition, you agree to prohibit any third party from duplicating or distributing any of these images included in the finished work. GlobeScope would appreciate a credit line on the finished product that reads "Stock Footage from The GlobeScope Collection".
Special Limitations - The GlobeScope images may not be used in conjunction with defamatory, obscene, fraudulent, libelous, pornographic, immoral or illegal material.
Copyright Academic Media Network, Inc. - holds the copyright to all GlobeScope images. They are protected by United States copyright laws and international treaty agreements. No intellectual property rights are transferred to you and Academic Media Network retains all rights not expressly granted by this license Agreement.
Liability Academic Media Network - or its licensers, will not be liable for any damages or pecuniary loss arising out of the use of or the inability to use the GlobeScope images. Licenser's entire liability and your exclusive remedy will be the amount paid for the particular image collection and no more.