Join Cheryll in Tokyo, where the world of today meets the world of the future. Along the way, Cheryll meets new friends and marvels at the Japanese cultureís tradition, etiquette, and emerging quirky trends. From shopping for electronics to sampling Japanís best saki, she tracks down the best this novel city has to offer.
Episode highlights include:
- Visit Mitsukoshi, where pomp, ceremony, and incredible service create a department store experience not found in the West.
- Savor the tactile and visual experiences at Kyukyodo, where paper is art and you can find stationary, rice paper products, and high quality prints at bargain prices.
- Bring the special man in your life a one-of-a-kind gift from GGD Menís Clothing, where funky designs and modern urban styles vie for space.
- Explore Venus Fort, a shopping center designed for women, where the design alternates between Vegas glitz and European charm.
- Try on authentic Japanese footwear with a modern twist at Sou-Sou, where even the socks are made in the traditional style.
- Drink in the vibrant colors at Butapana, where palettes are mixed in unique ways.
- Learn about the ancient art of kimonos while you try one on at Masuiwa Ya.
- If youíre a tech geek check out Yodobashi Camera, an electronics heaven with great bargains and the newest products.
- Rise early and check out the Tokyo Fish Market at 5 a.m., where the best tunas can sell for thousands of dollars.
Throughout the episode you will also experience:
- Dog rentals
- Traditional dolls
- Efficient transportation
- Sushi making
- Traditional bamboo massage
- Conrad Tokyo Hotel
- Bento boxes
- Hamarikyu Garden
- Tea ceremony
- Harajuku Street
Letís Shop brings you the best shopping experiences from top travel destinations all over the world. Join host Cheryll Gillespie as she explores the funkiest boutiques, hippest malls, and most exclusive shops the world over. Packed with historical information and travel tips, Cheryll lends her keen eye and sage advice to make each trip an unforgettable combination of luxury, culture, and fun.