Compiled from the TV and video series "Travel in Europe with Rick Steves
Discover the World Many Travelers Miss
- Time-travel to a few of London's premier sited including historic Westminster Abbey, the fascinating Cabinet War Rooms, and meticulously reconstructed Globe Theater.
- Visit the village of Stratford-Upon-Avon, the birthplace of William Shakespeare, just a two-hour train ride from London.
- Explore the medieval city of York, then climb aboard for a scenic rail excursion through the windswept moors which dot the rolling countryside.
- After an education on England's Industrial Revolution at the Iron Bridge Gorge, relax on the vast stretch of beach in northern Blackpool.
- Enjoy the lush, green mountainous area that inspired the writings of Wordsworth.
- Rest for a few days at a quaint bed-and-breakfast nestled in the valley, which also functions as a working farm.