Join Cheryll as she travels to Latvia and Lithuania, where she finds the best of modern art and fashion design as well as traditional Eastern European crafts. From boutiques to museums, she finds the best shopping destinations in these often overlooked European nations.
Episode highlights include:
- Stroll amongst the stalls in Central Market, one of the oldest markets in Europe, where youíll find handcrafted items, leather goods, and lots of great bargains.
- Discover the unique body yogurt at Stenders Soap Factory, a unique shop where you can find a large variety of sensual, spiritual, and natural bath products.
- Delight in ancient delicacies and Latvian modern specialties at Emila Gustava Chocolate, where you can enjoy old favorites or gather your courage and try the distinctive beer truffle.
- Step back in time at the Latvian Ethnographic Open Air Museum, where locals live history.
- Try on new, one of a kind fashions at Zoraza, a small boutique that is full of life and definitely fashion forward.
- For fine art, head to Elementai, where youíll find art in a variety of mediums, from ceramics to wearable art.
Throughout the episode you will also experience:
- Art nouveau
- Stained glass
- Gintaro Galerija Muziejus
Letís Shop brings you the best shopping experiences from top travel destinations all over the world. Join host Cheryll Gillespie as she explores the funkiest boutiques, hippest malls, and most exclusive shops the world over. Packed with historical information and travel tips, Cheryll lends her keen eye and sage advice to make each trip an unforgettable combination of luxury, culture, and fun.