Compiled from the TV and video series "Travel in Europe with Rick Steves
Discover the World Many Travelers Miss
- Explore Jerusalem, a city at the crossroads of three major religions - Christianity, Islam, and Judaism - and home to many sacred and holy sites.
- Journey down to the site of the wicked biblical cities of Sodom and Gomorrah, and float in the salty waters of the Dead Sea, located 1300 feet below sea level.
- Study an alternative to the western way of life at Kibbutz Ein Gedi where communal living is perfected.
- View the sole survivor of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World - the magnificent pyramids of Giza, and the Great Sphinx.
- Navigate the urban chaos that is Cairo, uncovering its unique vitality as you visit its bazaars, coffeehouses, and museums.
- Relax on a sumptuous, overnight train from Cairo to Luxor for a visit to the ancient City of Thebes and the Temple of Karnak. Then cross the river for close-up views of the Valley of the Kings and the Temple of Queen Hatshepsut.