The charming island of Caye Caulker in Belize’s Great Barrier Reef is one of the last to remain protected from the onslaught of resort hotels and mass tourism. Only half a mile wide and four miles long, the island is peaceful and quaint and the order of the day is to “go slow”, an easy task as there are no motorized vehicles. The local Mestizo, Garifuna and Creole cultures provide an eclectic mix of music, food and atmosphere that perfectly compliment the wondrous delights of the Barrier Reef. From deep beneath the surface to soaring aerial perspectives, this show explores the pleasures of paradise, revealed through local eyes.
- Skim the surf of the Great Barrier Reef in open cockpit
- Snorkel with the sharks in Shark-Ray Alley
- Join the bonfire and jam with local Garifuna drummers
- Dive into the wonders of the Great Blue Hole
- Learn to dance the Punta with Jolly Roger
- Free dive with a local fisherman who finds his catch the traditional way
From the aerial view to the human perspective, Exploring Horizons
travels off the beaten path to the remote corners of the world and finds those places where civilization moved in without taking over. Three stunning seasons cover a cross section of culture, adventure and amazing places that make up our global village.
Shot in North America, Central America, South America, Europe and North Africa.