From the flourishing tropical coastline of the Pacific Ocean to its rugged volcanic interior, Costa Rica’s Guanacaste province contains a richly diverse landscape that begs to be explored. The sun shines year round in this part of the country, and beauty abounds in jungle, forest, beach and sea. In this show, the journey begins in the tiny community of Islita where aerial perspectives reveal the full scope of the incredible coast and locals share their favorite natural hotspots. The exploration continues on the road, checking out the local critters in a jungle sanctuary, taking on an active volcano and discovering the true meaning of Costa Rica’s most prized possession - pure life.
- Discover the pristine environment of Punta Islita
- Fly along the treetops on a jungle canopy tour
- Hike to the summit of an active volcano
- Meet the colourful residents in a jungle animal sanctuary
- Take in the sunset at the Monkey Bar
- Cruise low over the wildly beautiful Pacific Coast
From the aerial view to the human perspective, Exploring Horizons
travels off the beaten path to the remote corners of the world and finds those places where civilization moved in without taking over. Three stunning seasons cover a cross section of culture, adventure and amazing places that make up our global village.
Shot in North America, Central America, South America, Europe and North Africa.