Southern Alberta is cattle country, with golden wheat fields and prairie flatlands that rustle up images of the Wild West. It's also a region steeped in ancient history, where voices of the past are as strong as those of the present. Combined, they tell the story of this isolated region throughout time. This show begins in nearby Writing On Stone Provincial Park, exploring by earth and sky, hiking to petroglyphs and pictographs etched on canyon walls, and soaring through the red rock valley of this prehistoric inland sea. Life has prevailed here for millennium, from the days of dinosaurs to the most recent guardians of this ancient land, the cattle ranchers.
- Dig deep in the heart of rattlesnake country
- Buckle into the E-Z Flyer for a hoodoo slalom course
- Meet the cattle ranchers of the Wild West
- Explore Devil's Coulee and its incredible dinosaur nesting site...and meet the young paleontologist who discovered it all
- Bring the tales of long dead civilizations to life
From the aerial view to the human perspective, Exploring Horizons
travels off the beaten path to the remote corners of the world and finds those places where civilization moved in without taking over. Three stunning seasons cover a cross section of culture, adventure and amazing places that make up our global village.
Shot in North America, Central America, South America, Europe and North Africa.