At the point where the Saguenay and St. Lawrence Rivers meet lies beautiful La Malbaie. From picturesque French villages along the rugged coast to the marine sanctuary for which it's famous, the Charlevoix region is a nature lovers paradise. In September, tourists are few and an open cockpit perspective reveals the Fall glory of the Laurentian Mountains. Finding a maple syrup factory hidden in the woods, cheering sled dogs in training, and hearing the breath of surfacing Blue whales, this show explores the unique blend of French Canadian culture and wild country that is the essence of La Belle Province.
- Take a cruise low level over the rocky coastline
- Discover the secrets of the worldıs best maple syrup
- Soar over the highest cliffs on the east coast
- Take the Zodiac for a visit with the Finback whales
- Train with sled dogs on the ATV
- Party with the locals at the hottest nightclub in town
From the aerial view to the human perspective, Exploring Horizons
travels off the beaten path to the remote corners of the world and finds those places where civilization moved in without taking over. Three stunning seasons cover a cross section of culture, adventure and amazing places that make up our global village.
Shot in North America, Central America, South America, Europe and North Africa.