Dawson City is the magnet which has drawn travelers to the Yukon Territory for more than a century. Over the Ogilvy Mountain Range, nearing the boundaries of the Arctic Circle, thousands arrived to seek their fortune in the Klondike Gold Rush of 1898. Today, people come to experience the essence of the Klondike itself, soaring high through the fierce jagged peaks of the Tombstone Mountains, or striking it rich at Diamond Tooth Gertie's casino. Stepping back in time, this show touches down during the Discovery Days Festival, Dawson's 100th celebration of the Gold Rush. There's a party in the streets, Can-Can girls perform nightly, and moose burgers are the top of the menu.
- Discover Dawson's dirtiest secret, the Sour Toe Cocktail!
- Meet the descendants of the original Klondike Kate
- Check out Dawson's bizarre geology from above
- Dive into the wild and unforgiving Tombstone Mountains
- Hear the traditional beat of the First Nations drum
- Soar the skies in an open cockpit Beaver and a Coyote ultralight
From the aerial view to the human perspective, Exploring Horizons
travels off the beaten path to the remote corners of the world and finds those places where civilization moved in without taking over. Three stunning seasons cover a cross section of culture, adventure and amazing places that make up our global village.
Shot in North America, Central America, South America, Europe and North Africa.