Over 9 Hours of American Road Adventures
Road trips have beginnings and ends, but it is what’s in between that counts. This collection takes you down the American roads less traveled to discover the pulse of the Heartland: the scenic splendor of the country’s most treasured national parks, the people and communities created far from major cities, and the distinctive charm that is uniquely American.
- Disc 1: America’s Scenic Drives: From Maine to Key West - Cruise down the most scenic routes of the Eastern Seaboard, driving along Maine’s rocky coast, stopping at mighty Niagara Falls, taking the back roads through Vermont, following the misty Blue Ridge Parkway into Great Smoky Mountains National Park, and bridging the blue-green waters around the Florida Keys.
- Disc 2: America’s Scenic Drives: From Texas to Yellowstone - See the beautiful, ever-changing American Heartland, crossing the romantic Bridges of Madison County in Iowa. Marvel at the landscapes on Colorado’s San Juan Skyway, glide through Montana’s Big Sky Country, past the Rio Grande, all the way to Castle Geyser in Wyoming’s Yellowstone National Park.
- Disc 3: America’s Scenic Drives: From Arizona to Alaska - Coast through the dazzlingly diverse American West, winding around California’s Big Sur on Route 1. Drive to the edge of the humbling Grand Canyon, steer through Olympic National Park, roll past the idyllic beaches on Hawaii’s Kuaui Island, and cruise through a blizzard of glorious landscapes and wildlife in Alaska.
- Disc 4: America’s Great Road Trips: California, Hawaii, Alaska, Montana, Idaho &Wyoming, Washington - This exquisite journey through the picturesque countryside presents the marvels of local American landscapes. Experience the wine country of Napa Valley, the exploding volcanoes of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, a cattle ranch in Montana and two national treasures in Wyoming: Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks. Venture over to the Olympic Peninsula to watch the shipbuilders work.
- Disc 5: America’s Great Road Trips: Red Rock Rim, Northern New Mexico, Natchez Trace, Blue Ridge, Vermont, Michigan - Get a taste of the local flavor from the people and communities that live on the back roads of America: See the western frontier in Phoenix, stop off to ski the slopes in Taos, and take an architectural tour of Santa Fe. Visit the Country Music Hall of Fame, and cross into West Virginia for a look at the Blue Ridge Mountains. Visit Vermont’s Ben &Jerry’s factory and charter a fishing boat on Lake Superior.
- Disc 6: Ghost Towns: Stories of the Great American Gold Rush and Stories of America’s Historic Inns - Visit America’s historic inns to meet the people and see the places where much of the nation’s history occurred. Stop in the ghost towns, which sprang up during the nation’s gold rush, but quickly vacated as opportunities arose elsewhere. For those with a sense of adventure and a passion for history, these inns offer a fascinating link to America’s past.