Title consists of 80 broadcast quality digital clips ranging from 7 to 25 seconds.
World Religions: WRE (80 clips)
Monuments, symbols and ceremonies associated with Christianity, Buddhism, Islam, Hinduism, Shinto, Confucianism, Taoism and Shamanistic traditions form the basis of this collection.
- WRE01 Jewish pilgrims Jerusalem
- WRE02 Temple wall Jerusalem
- WRE03 Girl praying at temple wall
- WRE04 Door with Hebrew script
- WRE05 Star of David on balcony
- WRE06 National Cathedral DC
- WRE07 Altar with crucifix
- WRE08 Gothic church interior France
- WRE09 Lighting candle by Mary icon
- WRE10 Country church Canada
- WRE11 Virgin and Child icon Israel
- WRE12 Crucifix and church Germany
- WRE13 In Baroque church Germany
- WRE14 Passion Play San Antonio TX
- WRE15 Good Friday in Spain
- WRE16 Easter morning Spain
- WRE17 Risen Christ Easter Spain
- WRE18 Mosque Casablanca Morocco
- WRE19 Muslim tombs Azerbaijan
- WRE20 Minaret Istanbul
- WRE21 Mosque courtyard Istanbul
- WRE22 Fountain in mosque Fez
- WRE23 Madrassa Khiva Uzbekistan
- WRE24 Kalon Minaret Bukara
- WRE25 Mosque Turkmenistan
- WRE26 Haji Lane Singapore
- WRE27 Muslim prayers Egypt
- WRE28 Friday mosque Delhi India
- WRE29 Mosque in Djenne Mali
- WRE30 Zoroastrian temple Baku
- WRE31 Fire in Zoroastrian temple
- WRE32 Hindus at temple India
- WRE33 Homage to Hanuman India
- WRE34 Guru and boy India
- WRE35 Temple at Mahabalipuram
- WRE36 Hindu temple south India
- WRE37 Hindu holy men Nepal
- WRE38 Stupa Katmandu Nepal
- WRE39 Women Hindu shrine Nepal
- WRE40 Hindu deity in shrine Nepal
- WRE41 Tribute to goddess Nepal
- WRE42 Bronze statue of Shiva India
- WRE43 Gold Buddha Laos
- WRE44 Buddha's birthplace Nepal
- WRE45 Buddhist prayer flags Ladakh
- WRE46 Buddhist monastery Ladakh
- WRE47 Monks in monastery Ladakh
- WRE48 Turning prayer wheel Ladakh
- WRE49 Gold stupa Myanmar
- WRE50 Praying at temple Myanmar
- WRE51 Buddhist prayers Myanmar
- WRE52 Stone Buddha Thailand
- WRE53 Gold Buddha Thailand
- WRE54 Buddhist temple Xian China
- WRE55 Confucius temple Beijing
- WRE56 Woman and Confucius statue
- WRE57 Confucius statue Beijing
- WRE58 Shrines Confucius temple
- WRE59 Stelae shrine Beijing
- WRE60 Monuments to scholars
- WRE61 Altar Confucius temple
- WRE62 Tao temple Taiwan
- WRE63 Curing ritual Tao temple
- WRE64 Hands and sacred book Tao
- WRE65 Kneeling ritual Tao temple
- WRE66 Praying in Tao temple
- WRE67 Candles in Tao temple
- WRE68 Shinto shrine Tokyo
- WRE69 Man at Shinto shrine Tokyo
- WRE70 Approaching Shinto shrine
- WRE71 Shinto shrine in park Tokyo
- WRE72 People at Shinto shrine
- WRE73 Shinto procession Kyoto 1
- WRE74 Shinto procession Kyoto 2
- WRE75 Holy man West Africa
- WRE76 Predicting future Africa
- WRE77 Curer in trance SE Asia
- WRE78 Curer praying SE Asia
- WRE79 Shaman poles Siberia
- WRE80 Rag tree Central Asia
Using your GlobeScope Collection DVD
To use the clips on a GlobeScope DVD-ROM you will need Quick Time on your computer. If you do not have QuickTime, you may download it from: http://www.apple.com
The GlobeScope video clips on DVD-ROMS can be imported into most non-linear editing programs for Macs and PCs. The clips are broadcast quality QuickTime movie files slightly compressed using the Photo JPEG.mov file type (NTSC, 720 x 486 pixels, 30 frames per second). The clips are too large to play smoothly on many desktops. To play well, a clip should be imported into a non-linear editing program such as Adobe Premier, Adobe Premier Pro, Avid, Avid Express, Media-100, Pinnacle, Final Cut Pro, or i-Movie 4 or later.
If you are editing with an i-Movie program that predates the version included with i-Life 4, you will need to upgrade to i-Life 4. This will automatically convert the .mov clips on this disk into the .dv clips used by i-Movie. To upgrade go to http://www.apple.com and be sure to check your computer configuration with the listed system requirements.
If, after meeting the basic requirements listed above, you continue having problems using clips in the GlobeScope collection, you may return the DVD-ROM to Academic Media Network, Inc., 946 NW Circle Blvd. #295, Corvallis, OR, 97330 with a request that it be replaced with the same collection on a mini-DV tape. For reference to the clips, you may then download the .pdf index file for the collection from the GlobeScope web site.
GlobeScope User License Agreement
You are granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use and modify the GlobeScope images on this disk subject to the following conditions. By using any product on this disk you agree to be bound by the terms of this agreement.
Use License - Anything produced using GlobeScope images must be for personal use or for the use of your school, institution, company, client, or customer who must be the end-user of your work. You may not rent, lend, sell, lease or sub license the images to another institution, business, or other entity. The disk may not be copied for use on multiple computers at the same time.
Non-Retail Uses - The images may be incorporated into a derivative work such as a report, public presentation, promotion of school or local event, film, video, broadcast, internet or print project. The images may not be used, sold, licensed, reproduced or distributed as a stand-alone imagery element, made available as downloadable files, or included in any other clip media and/or stock image product, nor as a set of clips for distribution or resale.
Retail Products - Copies of the derivative works in which the images are allowed to be used may be reproduced, sold, and distributed with the following limitations: The images may not comprise the entire finished work nor may the primary value of the product come from the use of GlobeScope images alone. In addition, you agree to prohibit any third party from duplicating or distributing any of these images included in the finished work. GlobeScope would appreciate a credit line on the finished product that reads "Stock Footage from The GlobeScope Collection".
Special Limitations - The GlobeScope images may not be used in conjunction with defamatory, obscene, fraudulent, libelous, pornographic, immoral or illegal material.
Copyright Academic Media Network, Inc. - holds the copyright to all GlobeScope images. They are protected by United States copyright laws and international treaty agreements. No intellectual property rights are transferred to you and Academic Media Network retains all rights not expressly granted by this license Agreement.
Liability Academic Media Network - or its licensers, will not be liable for any damages or pecuniary loss arising out of the use of or the inability to use the GlobeScope images. Licenser's entire liability and your exclusive remedy will be the amount paid for the particular image collection and no more.