Title consists of 80 broadcast quality digital clips ranging from 7 to 25 seconds.
World Patterns of Transportation: WPT (80 clips)
Means of transportation throughout the world include ox carts, horses and horse drawn wagons and carriages, camels, mule trains, elephants, canoes, sail boats, canal boats, barges, ships, trains, automobiles, cable cars, mule drawn cars on rails, airplanes, bicycles, hot air balloons and more.
- WPT01 Camels in Jordan
- WPT02 Camel in Central Asia
- WPT03 Elephant Nepal
- WPT04 Mule train Venezuela
- WPT05 Horsemen Venezuela
- WPT06 Two Horsemen Venezuela
- WPT07 Donkey and horse Morocco
- WPT08 Ox cart Nepal
- WPT09 Ox car Myanmar
- WPT10 Horse cart Senegal
- WPT11 Donkey cart Mali
- WPT12 Donkey cart Azerbaijan
- WPT13 Donkey cart Senegal
- WPT14 Donkey cart Mali
- WPT15 Ox cart in Java
- WPT16 Horse and rail cart Mex
- WPT17 Horse and buggy Myanmar
- WPT18 Horse cart Georgia
- WPT19 Horse, carriage, bus Vienna
- WPT20 Woman on bike Myanmar
- WPT21 Bikes by village Mali
- WPT22 Bikes and cane Burkina Faso
- WPT23 Mountain bikes Venezuela
- WPT24 ATV crosses highway CA
- WPT25 Motorcycles Ventura CA
- WPT26 Snowmobile Canada
- WPT27 Tundra buggy Canada
- WPT28 Tundra buggy and polar bear
- WPT29 Tractor and cart Venezuela
- WPT30 Men on tractor-pulled cart
- WPT31 School bus Hollywood CA
- WPT32 City buses Dublin
- WPT33 Fire trucks on parade ME
- WPT34 Trolley Savanna GA
- WPT35 Streetcar Budapest
- WPT36 Truck passes bus Myanmar
- WPT37 Overloaded bus India
- WPT38 Overloaded bus Nepal
- WPT39 Trucks nearly collide India
- WPT40 Intersection Bangkok
- WPT41 Traffic Katmandu
- WPT42 Traffic Bangkok
- WPT43 Fire truck and siren CA
- WPT44 Steam locomotive CA
- WPT45 Steam engine pushes cars
- WPT46 Freight train with whistle
- WPT47 Passenger train Baku
- WPT48 Cable car Andes Mountains
- WPT49 View from cable car
- WPT50 Trucks and small plane AK
- WPT51 Sea plane takes off
- WPT52 Biplane flies overhead
- WPT53 DC3 revs up propellers
- WPT54 DC3 takes off Venezuela
- WPT55 Jet plane takes off sunset
- WPT56 Sunset view from jet plane
- WPT57 Helicopter lands Venezuela
- WPT58 Hot air balloon OR
- WPT59 Hot air balloon rises OR
- WPT60 Loaded canoe Senegal
- WPT61 Women small boat Thailand
- WPT62 Boats at market Thailand
- WPT63 Long tail boats Thailand
- WPT64 Ships Bangkok waterfront
- WPT65 Passenger canoe Niger Rv
- WPT66 Prow small boat Niger Rv
- WPT67 Docked fishing boats FL
- WPT68 Fishing boat and ships TX.
- WPT69 Canal boat Rhine River
- WPT70 Canal boat France
- WPT71 Barges Mississippi Rv MO
- WPT72 River boat Savanna GA
- WPT73 Passenger ferry GA
- WPT74 Car ferry Russia
- WPT75 Cargo ship Savanna Rv
- WPT76 Sailboat under power AK
- WPT77 Sailboat sailing BC
- WPT78 Sailboat mast BC
- WPT79 On board skipjack MD
- WPT80 Sailing in Tonga
Using your GlobeScope Collection DVD
To use the clips on a GlobeScope DVD-ROM you will need Quick Time on your computer. If you do not have QuickTime, you may download it from: http://www.apple.com
The GlobeScope video clips on DVD-ROMS can be imported into most non-linear editing programs for Macs and PCs. The clips are broadcast quality QuickTime movie files slightly compressed using the Photo JPEG.mov file type (NTSC, 720 x 486 pixels, 30 frames per second). The clips are too large to play smoothly on many desktops. To play well, a clip should be imported into a non-linear editing program such as Adobe Premier, Adobe Premier Pro, Avid, Avid Express, Media-100, Pinnacle, Final Cut Pro, or i-Movie 4 or later.
If you are editing with an i-Movie program that predates the version included with i-Life 4, you will need to upgrade to i-Life 4. This will automatically convert the .mov clips on this disk into the .dv clips used by i-Movie. To upgrade go to http://www.apple.com and be sure to check your computer configuration with the listed system requirements.
If, after meeting the basic requirements listed above, you continue having problems using clips in the GlobeScope collection, you may return the DVD-ROM to Academic Media Network, Inc., 946 NW Circle Blvd. #295, Corvallis, OR, 97330 with a request that it be replaced with the same collection on a mini-DV tape. For reference to the clips, you may then download the .pdf index file for the collection from the GlobeScope web site.
GlobeScope User License Agreement
You are granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use and modify the GlobeScope images on this disk subject to the following conditions. By using any product on this disk you agree to be bound by the terms of this agreement.
Use License - Anything produced using GlobeScope images must be for personal use or for the use of your school, institution, company, client, or customer who must be the end-user of your work. You may not rent, lend, sell, lease or sub license the images to another institution, business, or other entity. The disk may not be copied for use on multiple computers at the same time.
Non-Retail Uses - The images may be incorporated into a derivative work such as a report, public presentation, promotion of school or local event, film, video, broadcast, internet or print project. The images may not be used, sold, licensed, reproduced or distributed as a stand-alone imagery element, made available as downloadable files, or included in any other clip media and/or stock image product, nor as a set of clips for distribution or resale.
Retail Products - Copies of the derivative works in which the images are allowed to be used may be reproduced, sold, and distributed with the following limitations: The images may not comprise the entire finished work nor may the primary value of the product come from the use of GlobeScope images alone. In addition, you agree to prohibit any third party from duplicating or distributing any of these images included in the finished work. GlobeScope would appreciate a credit line on the finished product that reads "Stock Footage from The GlobeScope Collection".
Special Limitations - The GlobeScope images may not be used in conjunction with defamatory, obscene, fraudulent, libelous, pornographic, immoral or illegal material.
Copyright Academic Media Network, Inc. - holds the copyright to all GlobeScope images. They are protected by United States copyright laws and international treaty agreements. No intellectual property rights are transferred to you and Academic Media Network retains all rights not expressly granted by this license Agreement.
Liability Academic Media Network - or its licensers, will not be liable for any damages or pecuniary loss arising out of the use of or the inability to use the GlobeScope images. Licenser's entire liability and your exclusive remedy will be the amount paid for the particular image collection and no more.