South America’s Patagonia region is one of the last great frontiers on earth and the remote village of Futaleufu, Chile is home to one of its greatest white water treasures. Amidst the majestic Andes Mountains, the Futaleufu River twists and turns for a 65 km stretch of rideable liquid adrenaline that has drawn an increasing number of visitors in recent years, and shaped a community that relies heavily on its economy. This show explores both these worlds, through the voices of local residents and a head on plunge into world class rapids. It also forges a path to unreachable places, by vintage Cessna through the Andean peaks, and into the wild for an authentic experience in cowboy culture.
- Journey into Chile’s spectacular Patagonia region
- Soar over the majestic Andean Peaks in a vintage Cessna
- Saddle up for a horseback trip into Cowboy Country
- Paddle the world class rapids of the Futaleufu River
- Share in folklore and tradition at a secluded mountain ranch
- Get an education in whitewater with a group of local kids
From the aerial view to the human perspective, Exploring Horizons
travels off the beaten path to the remote corners of the world and finds those places where civilization moved in without taking over. Three stunning seasons cover a cross section of culture, adventure and amazing places that make up our global village.
Shot in North America, Central America, South America, Europe and North Africa.