Lunahuana is an ideal place for those looking to explore off the beaten path in Peru. Thousands of years of human history have shaped this hidden valley on the banks of the Canete River, where the village emerges out of dusty desert hills into a splash of welcome color. Some people here still speak the ancient Quechua language, and the past is brought to life among the primitive Incahuasi ruins. This show explores both the time honored and newer traditions of the region, from touring a Pisco vineyard and sharing in the wisdom of village elders to soaring the coastal Pachacama landscape in a wild expression of flight.
- Launch with the gliders of Peru Fly and soar the Pacific coast
- Discover the past amidst primitive Incahuasi ruins
- Sample the national drink ‘Pisco’ - straight from the source
- Learn what life is like in the remote hills of Lunahuana
- Take off for an open cockpit view of the arid mountain landscape
- Listen to the stories of village elders, spoken in the ancient Quechua language
From the aerial view to the human perspective, Exploring Horizons
travels off the beaten path to the remote corners of the world and finds those places where civilization moved in without taking over. Three stunning seasons cover a cross section of culture, adventure and amazing places that make up our global village.
Shot in North America, Central America, South America, Europe and North Africa.