The island of Newfoundland lies at the far end of Canada's east coast. On the tip of its northern peninsula, the small town of St. Anthony is surrounded by icebergs, whales and a wealth of natural beauty, creating a stunning backdrop for a thousand years of human history. From the Vikings who settled the shores of L'Anse aux Meadows to missionary William Grenfell, whose century old legacy is honored through the museum that was once his home, the community here celebrates it past, weaving it with an east coast welcome, and leaving all who pass through here with the knowledge that this is a truly special place.
- Chill out on an open cockpit flight over an iceberg
- Walk in the footsteps of Viking Leif Erickson
- Meet Prof.John Lien and his good friends, the whales
- Discover why the people here love the wild life
- Touch down at peaceful Tuckamore Lodge
- Experience a UNESCO World Heritage Site
From the aerial view to the human perspective, Exploring Horizons
travels off the beaten path to the remote corners of the world and finds those places where civilization moved in without taking over. Three stunning seasons cover a cross section of culture, adventure and amazing places that make up our global village.
Shot in North America, Central America, South America, Europe and North Africa.