Costa Ricaís Caribbean Coast is a short distance from the more popular Pacific side, but the ambience here is a world apart. A thick jungle canopy rolls down from the highlands, imposing itself on the oceanís edge. Tropical heat and a distinct Afro-Caribbean culture influence all aspects of life, nature, customs, cuisine and attitude. Perspectives in this show take us from the open-cockpit of the Edge-X trike, skimming the top of the lush cloud forest to the colorful villages of Yorkin, Cahuita and Puerto Viejo, where local inhabitants share their unique lifestyles, music and folklore. From the air to the ground, this is an intimate portrait of a powerful place and its vibrant people.
- Join the Grandfather of Calypso in a musical trip through time
- Paddle nine rivers to the remote village of Yorkin
- Discover the jungle life in Cahuita National Park
- Take the controls for a flight over the hypnotic cloud forest
- Dance to the beat of reggae drummers at El Loco Natural
- Catch a wave with the surfers at Salsa Brava
From the aerial view to the human perspective, Exploring Horizons
travels off the beaten path to the remote corners of the world and finds those places where civilization moved in without taking over. Three stunning seasons cover a cross section of culture, adventure and amazing places that make up our global village.
Shot in North America, Central America, South America, Europe and North Africa.