Title consists of 80 broadcast quality digital clips ranging in length from 7 to 25 seconds.
Bangkok and Ayutthaya, Thailand: (BAT) 80 Clips
Bangkok, Thailand's capitol and largest city, straddles the Chao Phraya River. Video clips in this collection feature the city's high rise buildings and sights along the river including the Royal Palace and temple complex. Clips from the region near the city include a floating market, a crocodile show, and an historic pageant featuring elephants and a mock battle. The ruined city of Ayutthaya, a much older capital of Thailand, then known as Siam, is noted for its Buddhist temples. Buddhist monks and images of the Buddha are featured at the nearby Wat Yai Chai Mongknon.
- BAT01 High rise buildings Bangkok
- BAT02 Evening skyline Bangkok
- BAT03 Traffic jam
- BAT04 Traffic in Bangkok
- BAT05 Bangkok street
- BAT06 Street market with vegetables
- BAT07 High rises and shacks
- BAT08 Chao Phraya River
- BAT09 Barges on river Bangkok
- BAT10 River boat pilot with city
- BAT11 Interior express boat
- BAT12 Express boat landing
- BAT13 Hotels from river boat
- BAT14 Monk and others disembarking
- BAT15 Canal with red bridge
- BAT16 Temple entrance
- BAT17 Hall with many Buddhas
- BAT18 Seated Buddha with offerings
- BAT19 Gold covered Buddha in Wat
- BAT20 Face of gold Buddha
- BAT21 Grand palace and temples
- BAT22 Temple with dark sky
- BAT23 Grand palace
- BAT24 Temple Wat Pra Keo
- BAT25 Gilded figure Wat Pra Keo
- BAT26 Pagodas Wat Pra Keo
- BAT27 Gilded pagoda Wat Pra Keo
- BAT28 Flower decorated pagoda
- BAT29 Stone Buddha Wat Pra Keo
- BAT30 Yaksha or demon statues
- BAT31 Yaksha demon head
- BAT32 Yaksha's guarding entrance
- BAT33 Mythical golden woman 1
- BAT34 Mythical golden woman 2
- BAT35 Mythical golden woman 3
- BAT36 Golden pagoda Wat Pra Keo
- BAT37 Tilts up golden pagoda
- BAT38 Stone pagodas Wat Pra Keo
- BAT39 Entrance guarded by yakshas
- BAT40 Demon on mural
- BAT41 Longtail boat on canal
- BAT42 Longtail boats and small boat
- BAT43 Floating market
- BAT44 Selling fruit floating market
- BAT45 Market vendors in boats
- BAT46 Pans clay jars to pavilion
- BAT47 Tourist market near Bangkok
- BAT48 Crocodile show 1
- BAT49 Crocodile show 2
- BAT50 Crocodile show 3
- BAT51 Elephant show with flags
- BAT52 Catching elephant demo
- BAT53 Elephants pulling logs
- BAT54 Elephant dancing
- BAT55 Elephant procession
- BAT56 Mock battle with elephants
- BAT57 Zooms out from mock battle
- BAT58 Dance performance
- BAT59 Traditional dance 1
- BAT60 Traditional dance 2
- BAT61 Dance with drum
- BAT62 Old Siamese capital Ayuthaya
- BAT63 Temples at Ayutthaya
- BAT64 Ayutthaya World Heritage
- BAT65 Seated Buddhas Ayutthaya
- BAT66 Passageways Ayutthaya
- BAT67 Temple Ayutthaya
- BAT68 Detail Ayutthaya ruins
- BAT69 Ayutthaya view
- BAT70 Stone Buddha Ayutthaya
- BAT71 Buddha head in banyon roots
- BAT72 Large head of Buddha
- BAT73 Temple framed in door
- BAT74 Buddha with gold drape
- BAT75 Descending steep stair
- BAT76 Decorated stone elephants
- BAT77 Row of Buddha statues
- BAT78 Monks in orange robes
- BAT79 Gold statue of Buddha
- BAT80 Buddha framed in tree
Using your GlobeScope Collection DVD
To use the clips on a GlobeScope DVD-ROM you will need Quick Time on your computer. If you do not have QuickTime, you may download it from: http://www.apple.com
The GlobeScope video clips on DVD-ROMS can be imported into most non-linear editing programs for Macs and PCs. The clips are broadcast quality QuickTime movie files slightly compressed using the Photo JPEG.mov file type (NTSC, 720 x 486 pixels, 30 frames per second). The clips are too large to play smoothly on many desktops. To play well, a clip should be imported into a non-linear editing program such as Adobe Premier, Adobe Premier Pro, Avid, Avid Express, Media-100, Pinnacle, Final Cut Pro, or i-Movie 4 or later.
If you are editing with an i-Movie program that predates the version included with i-Life 4, you will need to upgrade to i-Life 4. This will automatically convert the .mov clips on this disk into the .dv clips used by i-Movie. To upgrade go to http://www.apple.com and be sure to check your computer configuration with the listed system requirements.
If, after meeting the basic requirements listed above, you continue having problems using clips in the GlobeScope collection, you may return the DVD-ROM to Academic Media Network, Inc., 946 NW Circle Blvd. #295, Corvallis, OR, 97330 with a request that it be replaced with the same collection on a mini-DV tape. For reference to the clips, you may then download the .pdf index file for the collection from the GlobeScope web site.
GlobeScope User License Agreement
You are granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use and modify the GlobeScope images on this disk subject to the following conditions. By using any product on this disk you agree to be bound by the terms of this agreement.
Use License - Anything produced using GlobeScope images must be for personal use or for the use of your school, institution, company, client, or customer who must be the end-user of your work. You may not rent, lend, sell, lease or sub license the images to another institution, business, or other entity. The disk may not be copied for use on multiple computers at the same time.
Non-Retail Uses - The images may be incorporated into a derivative work such as a report, public presentation, promotion of school or local event, film, video, broadcast, internet or print project. The images may not be used, sold, licensed, reproduced or distributed as a stand-alone imagery element, made available as downloadable files, or included in any other clip media and/or stock image product, nor as a set of clips for distribution or resale.
Retail Products - Copies of the derivative works in which the images are allowed to be used may be reproduced, sold, and distributed with the following limitations: The images may not comprise the entire finished work nor may the primary value of the product come from the use of GlobeScope images alone. In addition, you agree to prohibit any third party from duplicating or distributing any of these images included in the finished work. GlobeScope would appreciate a credit line on the finished product that reads "Stock Footage from The GlobeScope Collection".
Special Limitations - The GlobeScope images may not be used in conjunction with defamatory, obscene, fraudulent, libelous, pornographic, immoral or illegal material.
Copyright Academic Media Network, Inc. - holds the copyright to all GlobeScope images. They are protected by United States copyright laws and international treaty agreements. No intellectual property rights are transferred to you and Academic Media Network retains all rights not expressly granted by this license Agreement.
Liability Academic Media Network - or its licensers, will not be liable for any damages or pecuniary loss arising out of the use of or the inability to use the GlobeScope images. Licenser's entire liability and your exclusive remedy will be the amount paid for the particular image collection and no more.