Since the first shipwreck survivors stepped ashore over a hundred years ago, the people of Les Iles de la Madeleine have been linked by land and spirit to the sea. But today's Madelinot have a more peaceful relationship with the elements, using these waters to create the perfect playground to test physical and creative limits - kayaking through the red rock pillars of Belle Anse, and harnessing the power of the wind in their sails. This show touches down during the annual Acadian Festival. Music and dancing are done French Acadian style, and when crazy meets competitive at the Boat Building Contest, the sky's the limit!
- Take a crash course in Kite Surfing
- Cast off with Smurfs, Penguins and The Three Musketeers
- Sail into the past at the Museum of the Sea
- Take an open cockpit tip to tip island tour
- Hang with the windsurfers at Dune de Nord
- Pilot a kayak through sandstone caves
From the aerial view to the human perspective, Exploring Horizons
travels off the beaten path to the remote corners of the world and finds those places where civilization moved in without taking over. Three stunning seasons cover a cross section of culture, adventure and amazing places that make up our global village.
Shot in North America, Central America, South America, Europe and North Africa.