For the first time ever, Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom, the Emmy award-winning nature series, is available on DVD. This groundbreaking series captivated audiences for years with its suspenseful and exciting look at animals in their natural habitats. Follow legendary hosts Marlin Perkins, Jim Fowler, Peter Gros and Stan Brock through the years as they take viewers all over the globe to study the behavior of animals and their struggles for survival.
This special 3 DVD set features 20 of the most requested episodes as collected from viewers throughout the 27 years Wild Kingdom was in production. Adventures in the Wild features such unforgettable moments as Dian Fossey's memorable studies of gorillas in Africa, an in-depth look at African lions, elephants facing threats to their survival, heartwarming moments with baby cheetahs, and so much more!
Disc 1: Side A
- Gorillas of the Mountains: A look at the life and research of Dr. Dian Fossey.
- Gorillas of the Mountains II: The second part of a memorable profile of Dian Fossey.
- Reunion with the Gorillas: A follow-up profile of Fossey, who returns to Africa after several years to see if her beloved gorillas remember her.
Disc 1: Side B
- Tuskers Below: Marlin and Jim journey to the Republic of South Africa to join in an exciting elephant capture.
- Elephants of Lake Kariba: Jim and Peter travel the Zambezi River to the thunderous Victoria Falls, and then float downstream to a herd of elephants that face threats to their survival.
- Last Home of the Elephant: Marlin journeys to the Luangwa River in Central Africa to observe the wildlife.
Disc 2: Side A
- African Game Catchers: Wildebeest, blesbok, and giraffe are captured and relocated in South Africa.
- To Catch a Giraffe: Marlin and Jim help relocate giraffes and zebras in Rhodesia.
- Hippo: Marlin, Jim, and Stan journey to South Africa to capture the unpredictable and dangerous hippo.
- Memorable Moments in the Wild Kingdom: Jim and Marlin revisit some of their most memorable adventures and discoveries.
Disc 2: Side B
- King of Beasts: Marlin and Jim observe the behavior of lions in their natural habitat and in the zoo.
- Lion Country: An in-depth look at the greatest of the great cats: the African lion.
- Lions Under the Net: Using a net, shot from a cannon, Marlin and Stan capture lions for relocation in Rhodesia.
Disc 3: Side A
- El Tigre: in the hostile terrain of Mexico roams one of the most dangerous cats- el tigre, or jaguar.
- Roundup on the Rupunani: Marlin and Stan join a cattle drive that is threatened by a jaguar.
- Netting a Jaguar: Marlin and Stan help capture a jaguar that threatens livestock.
Disc 3: Side B
- Cheetah Country: A heartwarming episode about the first weeks in the life of baby cheetahs in Rhodesia.
- Lions of Gir Forest: Marlin travels to India in search of the King of the Beasts.
- Prowling Night Lions: Jim and Peter help lions survive in an inhospitable environment.
- Wonderful Ways of the Wild: Marlin highlights close calls and high adventure throughout his career.