Welcome to Vancouver, the 2010 Winter Olympic host city. Enjoy the spectacular beauty of dozens of Vancouver's natural attractions. From flowers in the spring to ski mountains in the winter, Vancouver attracts millions of visitors all year round. Watch Pacific Salmon struggling upstream back to the creeks where they were hatched. Explore how ordinary people enjoy the outdoors. Discover for yourself why CBC voted Vancouver the most beautiful city in Canada.
Some of the highlights:
- Downtown, historic Gastown and Steam Clock
- Stanley Park horse-drawn vehicle, Hollow Tree, Totem Poles…
- Lion’s Gate Bridge and Prospect Point
- Queen Elizabeth Park, Burnaby Mountain Park, Dr. Sun Yet-sen Classical Chinese Garden and other gardens
- English Bay, beaches and outdoor activities…
- Belcarra Park, Sasamat Lake and Buntzen Lake: swimming, canoeing, picnicking, fishing and crabbing
- Capilano and Lynn Canyon Suspension Bridges
- Pacific salmon return upstream to spawn in creeks
- Colorful trees in fall
- Having fun on ski mountains
- Spring flowers on streets and in parks
- Sea-To-Sky Highway and Howe Sound
Special attention is given to kids. You will see them playing in parks, lakes, and on ski mountains. Come and have fun!
Note: this DVD is zone-free.