A Travel Adventure with Grant Foster
Experience history as it comes to life on this video tour of mainland Greece, the Peloponnese, Crete, and many islands of the Aegean. New Zealand film-maker Grant Foster discovers what makes Greece and its islands an on-going attraction for travelers from around the world. Highlights of "Greece and its Aegean Islands" include:
Grant Foster is a native of New Zealand and is his country's most acclaimed travel film producer and lecturer. He was born in the South Island city of Christchurch, where he trained for a career in photography. During 35 years of adventure filming, he has traveled extensively throughout Australia, the Pacific and Southeast Asia. His outstanding cinematography and sensitive travel documentaries have earned him the title of New Zealand's Film Ambassador.
- Sightseeing the city of Athens and the majestic ruins of the Acropolis.
- Watching the changing of the guard at Parliament's Presidential Palace.
- Walking the ancient sites of the Peloponnese at Mycenae, Epidaurus and Olympia.
- Touring mainland Greece on an overland journey from Delphi to Macedonia.
- Exploring the mountain monastaries of Meteora - an unforgettable sight.
- Visiting Thessaloniki, second city of Greece - with its Byzantine architecture.
- Cruising the Aegean Sea - with its history of conflict and invasion.
- Island hopping to Rhodes - home of the Knights of the Order of St. John.
- Discovering Crete, largest island of Greece and the country's best-kept secret.
- Unearthing a revelation - an imperial palace with the world's finest Minoan art.
- Backpacking the Samaria National Park - the largest gorge in Europe.
- Donkey riding to the top of the most spectacular island in Greece - Santorini.