In this episode, Cheryll explores the local delights of Mumbai, formerly Bombay, India. From outdoor markets to elegant Indian jewelry, Cheryll learns about local traditions and religion and how British rule has influence this marvelous, joyous city.
Episode highlights include:
- Elaborate saris and simple designs at Roop Kala.
- Customized sari design at Naina’s.
- Sift through the treasures at Cottage Industries Emporium, where handcrafted trinkets are nestled near quality textiles and breathtaking carpets.
- Buy faithful reproductions of treasured artifacts at Natesan’s Antiqarts, where art is kept alive.
- Find bargains on textiles and clothing at Mangadala’s Market.
- Search all five floors of Tribhovandas Bhimji Zaveri and Sons for exquisite jewelry made in India.
- Shop for bindis and other authentic Indian accessories at Shrindath Art Jewellery, where you will find attentive service and great deals.
Throughout the episode you will also experience:
- Linking Road Outdoor Market
- Crawford Market
- A Bollywood soap opera set
- Elephanta Island
Let’s Shop brings you the best shopping experiences from top travel destinations all over the world. Join host Cheryll Gillespie as she explores the funkiest boutiques, hippest malls, and most exclusive shops the world over. Packed with historical information and travel tips, Cheryll lends her keen eye and sage advice to make each trip an unforgettable combination of luxury, culture, and fun.