Join Cheryll in Rio de Janeiro, the playground to the wealthy and beautiful. With stunning beaches and an enthusiastic energy, Rio is one of the world’s top luxury destinations. Follow Cheryll as she explores the birthplace of the bikini and discovers the best shopping and destinations in this tropical paradise.
Episode highlights include:
- Rosa Cha, where you can find a bikini to complement any activity, from a fancy dinner to a day on the beach.
- Buy beauty aids, perfumes, soaps, and creams from O Boticario, a Brazilian chain making a name for itself worldwide.
- Learn why you should buy products made at O Sol, a company where impoverished rural women learn traditional Brazilian crafts, from dolls to water jugs, in order to improve the lives of themselves and their families.
- Listen to energetic tunes at Modern Sound, a music store with a large selection of Brazilian music and live performances by local artists.
- Find out why the rich and famous shop at H. Stern and H. Stern Home, a jewelry and home design store that attracts A-list celebrities and household names.
- Slide your feet into one of the many charming designs at Arezzo, where attention to detail is paramount, soft leather and sexy lines abound, and where new shipments come in two to three times per day.
- If you search out new, funky designs, you will love Gileon Martine, where distinctive handbags are made out of synthetic fabrics and each bag is a piece of modern art.
Throughout the episode you will also experience:
- Caesar Park Hotel
- Statue of Christ the Redeemer
- A local foot spa
- Brazilian coffee
- Local art
- Brazilian alcoholic drinks
Let’s Shop brings you the best shopping experiences from top travel destinations all over the world. Join host Cheryll Gillespie as she explores the funkiest boutiques, hippest malls, and most exclusive shops the world over. Packed with historical information and travel tips, Cheryll lends her keen eye and sage advice to make each trip an unforgettable combination of luxury, culture, and fun.