SAN FRANCISCO Explore the city's historic Mission District and world-famous Chinatown. Pass under the Golden Gate Bridge, ride a cable car, cruise around Alcatraz and walk the Golden Gate Promenade around the city's scenic coast.
It's no wonder so many visitors leave their hearts here! Discover for yourself the irresistible charms of the "City by the Bay" and its many one-of-a-kind attractions.
· Explore the city's ETHNIC NEIGHBORHOODS, including the historic MISSION DISTRICT, the "beat" generation's NORTH BEACH, the CASTRO DISTRICT and the world-famous CHINATOWN.
· Behold the renowned GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE and visit its sister span, the BAY BRIDGE.
· Ride a CABLE CAR past twisty LOMBARD STREET to FISHERMAN'S WHARF and purchase fresh-cooked seafood from sidewalk vendors.
· Cruise around infamous ALCATRAZ Island before seeing the FERRY BUILDING where thousands boarded boats to flee after the 1906 EARTHQUAKE.
· Tour GOLDEN GATE PARK, making stops at the DeYOUNG MUSEUM and STEINHART AQUARIUM with its TIDE POOL and FISH ROUNDABOUT.
· Walk the GOLDEN GATE PROMENADE around the city's scenic coast, past sandy beaches and the 19th Century FORT POINT.