Compiled from the TV and video series "Travel in Europe with Rick Steves
Discover the World Many Travelers Miss
- Stroll down the elegant boulevard Champs-Elysees from the obelisk of Luxor to the Arc de Triomphe.
- Visit the signature landmark of Paris, the Eiffel Tower, which was built in 1889 for the Paris World Fair, and admire its extraordinary views.
- Marvel at Versailles, the awe-inspiring palace which housed France's divine monarchy, with its lush, green gardens and its Grand Canal.
Alsace and Champagne:
- Travel to the picturesque region of Alsace which borders Germany and its dotted with Half-timbered villages and feudal fortresses.
- Remember World War I at the fortress of Verdun, where France and Germany suffered enormous casualties in trench warfare.
- At the great Reims Cathedral, admire the stained-glass splendor of Marc Chagall, its soaring arches, towering spires, and light filled interior.