This is a book, 370 pages
For those of us who are into walking as a way keep in shape. or to really see new country, here is a way to get a taste of what can be expierenced on over twenty-five long hikes, some classics , others less well-known.
Visit the following:
- Appalachian Trail - Maine to Georgia
- Grand Caymen Islands
- Picos de Europa - Spain
- The Overland Track - Tasmania - Australia
- The Milford Track - New Zealand
- The Coast to Coast England Walk
- The Way of the Gull - Isle of Man
- The Ordesa Trail - Spanish Pyrenees
- The Thames - Walking London
- The West Highland Way - Scotland
- and more, a total of 25 world-class walks, including additional treks in Costa Rica, Oregon, Alabama .
All the walks described here can be daypacked or backpacked along good trails in safe and interedting parts of the world. Each hike contains: Trailhead directions, How to acquire the necessary maps, where to find accomodations, day mileages & terrain, and expierences along the way.