Each title consists of 80 broadcast quality digital clips ranging in length from 7 to 25 seconds.
China : East to West (CEW) 80 Clips
This collection offers views of Chinese cities, historical monuments and landscapes along the east-west route of the ancient Silk Road. Included are the Forbidden City in Beijing, the Great Wall of China, Xian, the Big Goose Pagoda with pilgrims, Terra cotta soldiers at the Tomb of Quin Shihuangdi, Huaqing Hot Spring, Dunhuang street scenes, Mogao Caves in the Mingsha Hills, Mingsha Sand Dunes, a western part of the Great Wall in ruins, Turpan Depression landscapes, farm villages, desert mountains, the Emin Minaret, ruins of ancient city of Gaochang, the town of Hotan with its crafts and Khasgar with its famous market and a street with statue of Mao.
- CEW01 Chinese flag
- CEW02 Tiananmen Gate Beijing
- CEW03 Mao over Tiananmen Gate
- CEW04 Tiananmen Square
- CEW05 Palace Forbidden City
- CEW06 Flags Tiananmen Square
- CEW07 Great Wall
- CEW08 Great Wall zooms in
- CEW09 Xian Big Goose Pagoda
- CEW10 Xian Buddhist Temple
- CEW11 Lighting candles Xian
- CEW12 Vault over buried army Xian
- CEW13 Vault over buried army
- CEW14 Buried army of Qin emperor
- CEW15 Copies of buried soldiers
- CEW16 Statue reflected Xian
- CEW17 Huaqing Hot Springs
- CEW18 Pans pool at Huaqing
- CEW19 Round gate Huaqing
- CEW20 Xian walls
- CEW21 Gate in Xian walls
- CEW22 Industry from Xian walls
- CEW23 Main avenue in Xian
- CEW24 Stores and traffic Xian
- CEW25 Colorful street Xian
- CEW26 Crowded sidewalk Xian
- CEW27 Dunhuang street
- CEW28 Dunhuang market
- CEW29 Weighing silk Dunhuang
- CEW30 Plastic pans Dunhuang
- CEW31 Playing game Dunhuang
- CEW32 Boy and toy cars Dunhuang
- CEW33 Evening fountain Dunhuang
- CEW34 Park and apartments Dunhuang
- CEW35 Traditional music
- CEW36 Musicians Dunhuang
- CEW37 Traditional bow instrument
- CEW38 Mogao Caves
- CEW39 Pagoda facade Mogao Caves
- CEW40 Pans pagoda Mogao
- CEW41 Pagoda in sand dunes
- CEW42 Tilts up pagoda
- CEW43 Dunes near Dunhuang
- CEW44 Herd of camels
- CEW45 Western ruins Great Wall
- CEW46 Turpan city street
- CEW47 Imin Minaret Turpan
- CEW48 Oasis in Turpan Depression
- CEW49 Tourist attraction Turpan
- CEW50 Village Street Turpan
- CEW51 Village mosque Turpan
- CEW52 Ruins of Gaochang Turpan
- CEW53 Pans Gaochang walls
- CEW54 Streams at Jiaohe
- CEW55 Farm village Turpan
- CEW56 Urumqi downtown
- CEW57 Horse carts in mountains
- CEW58 Yurts in forest setting
- CEW59 Hotan street
- CEW60 Spinning silk thread
- CEW61 Carpet factory Hotan
- CEW62 Hand looming carpet
- CEW63 Hand looming carpet 2
- CEW64 Carving jade Hotan
- CEW65 Carving jade Buddha
- CEW66 Boy with camels
- CEW67 Saddled camels
- CEW68 City street Shache
- CEW69 People and shops Shache
- CEW70 Veiled women Kashgar Oasis
- CEW71 Shops and mosque in town
- CEW72 Uighur man walking
- CEW73 Mao statue Kashgar
- CEW74 Traffic Kashgar street
- CEW75 Man and cart Kashgar market
- CEW76 Pans Kashgar market
- CEW77 Sheep Kashgar market
- CEW78 Test riding horse Kashgar
- CEW79 Pitchfork sales Kashgar
- CEW80 Fruit and nuts Kashgar
Using your GlobeScope Collection DVD
To use the clips on a GlobeScope DVD-ROM you will need Quick Time on your computer.
The GlobeScope video clips on DVD-ROMS can be imported into most non-linear editing programs for Macs and PCs. The clips are broadcast quality QuickTime movie files slightly compressed using the Photo JPEG.mov file type (NTSC, 720 x 486 pixels, 30 frames per second). The clips are too large to play smoothly on many desktops. To play well, a clip should be imported into a non-linear editing program such as Adobe Premier, Adobe Premier Pro, Avid, Avid Express, Media-100, Pinnacle, Final Cut Pro, or i-Movie 4 or later.
If you are editing with an i-Movie program that predates the version included with i-Life 4, you will need to upgrade to i-Life 4. This will automatically convert the .mov clips on this disk into the .dv clips used by i-Movie.
If, after meeting the basic requirements listed above, you continue having problems using clips in the GlobeScope collection, you may return the DVD-ROM to Academic Media Network, Inc., 946 NW Circle Blvd. #295, Corvallis, OR, 97330 with a request that it be replaced with the same collection on a mini-DV tape. For reference to the clips, you may then download the .pdf index file for the collection from the GlobeScope web site.
GlobeScope User License Agreement
You are granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use and modify the GlobeScope images on this disk subject to the following conditions. By using any product on this disk you agree to be bound by the terms of this agreement.
Use License - Anything produced using GlobeScope images must be for personal use or for the use of your school, institution, company, client, or customer who must be the end-user of your work. You may not rent, lend, sell, lease or sub license the images to another institution, business, or other entity. The disk may not be copied for use on multiple computers at the same time.
Non-Retail Uses - The images may be incorporated into a derivative work such as a report, public presentation, promotion of school or local event, film, video, broadcast, internet or print project. The images may not be used, sold, licensed, reproduced or distributed as a stand-alone imagery element, made available as downloadable files, or included in any other clip media and/or stock image product, nor as a set of clips for distribution or resale.
Retail Products - Copies of the derivative works in which the images are allowed to be used may be reproduced, sold, and distributed with the following limitations: The images may not comprise the entire finished work nor may the primary value of the product come from the use of GlobeScope images alone. In addition, you agree to prohibit any third party from duplicating or distributing any of these images included in the finished work. GlobeScope would appreciate a credit line on the finished product that reads "Stock Footage from The GlobeScope Collection".
Special Limitations - The GlobeScope images may not be used in conjunction with defamatory, obscene, fraudulent, libelous, pornographic, immoral or illegal material.
Copyright Academic Media Network, Inc. - holds the copyright to all GlobeScope images. They are protected by United States copyright laws and international treaty agreements. No intellectual property rights are transferred to you and Academic Media Network retains all rights not expressly granted by this license Agreement.
Liability Academic Media Network - or its licensers, will not be liable for any damages or pecuniary loss arising out of the use of or the inability to use the GlobeScope images. Licenser's entire liability and your exclusive remedy will be the amount paid for the particular image collection and no more.