Title consists of 80 broadcast quality digital clips ranging in length from 7 to 25 seconds
Central Europe: Austria, Hungary and Czech Republic: CAH (80 clips)
The Central European collection includes scenes from Vienna, the Danube River, alpine views and decorated cattle in Austria, Prague, Plzen, Karlstejn Castle and small towns and landscapes in the Czech Republic. Images from Hungary include Budapest, the Danube, small towns, the Pusta or plains, horsemen at Kiskansagi Nemzeti Park near Bugac, traditional architecture, churches and agriculture.
- CAH01 Vienna art museum
- CAH02 Vienna carriages
- CAH03 Vienna monument
- CAH04 Vienna Parliament building
- CAH05 Vienna Hofburg Palace 1
- CAH06 Vienna Hofburg Palace 2
- CAH07 Danube in Vienna
- CAH08 Barge and cruise boat Danube
- CAH09 Misty morning on Danube
- CAH10 Melk Abbey and Danube boat
- CAH11 Village on Danube
- CAH12 Highway and Alps Austria
- CAH13 Decorated cows Austria
- CAH14 Drying hay Austria
- CAH15 Alpine valley Austria
- CAH16 Alpine village Austria
- CAH17 Traditional house Austria
- CAH18 Church in Alps Austrria
- CAH19 Houses Austria
- CAH20 Gailtal Austria
- CAH21 Parliament Budapest Hungary
- CAH22 Parliament Budapest Hungary
- CAH23 Danube bridge Budapest
- CAH24 Streetcar Budapest
- CAH25 Street scene Budapest
- CAH26 Museum Budapest
- CAH27 Hero's Square Budapest
- CAH28 Statues of kings Budapest
- CAH29 Warrior statue Budapest
- CAH30 Kalosca, Hungary
- CAH31 Embroidered dress Hungary
- CAH32 Embroidery Hungary
- CAH33 Traditional house Hungary
- CAH34 Thatched roof Hungary
- CAH35 Painting egg Hungary
- CAH36 Painting Flowers on wall
- CAH37 Paprika peppers Hungary
- CAH38 Bridge over Danube Hungary
- CAH39 Lake and kayakers Hungary
- CAH40 Wind surfing Lake Balaton
- CAH41 Pusta landscape Hungary
- CAH42 Traditional Pusta house
- CAH43 Geese Pusta farmstead
- CAH44 Horses and wagons Hungary
- CAH45 Traditional cattle Pusta
- CAH46 Horses and horseman Hungary
- CAH47 Horse show National Park
- CAH48 Cracking whips Hungary
- CAH49 Galloping horses Hungary
- CAH50 Man drives four horses
- CAH51 Prague Czech Republic
- CAH52 Old Town Square Prague
- CAH53 Clock Old Town Hall Prague
- CAH54 Art Noveau building Prague
- CAH55 Charles Bridge Prague
- CAH56 Church of St. Nicholas
- CAH57 Streetcars Prague
- CAH58 Old street Prague
- CAH59 Cathedral Pilzen Czech Rep
- CAH60 Cathedral gate Pilzen
- CAH61 Town square Pilzen
- CAH62 Tower and streetcar Pilzen
- CAH63 Street scene Pilzen
- CAH64 Decorated building Pilzen
- CAH65 Fountain Marienbad Czech R
- CAH66 Street scene Marienbad
- CAH67 Street and carriage Marienbad
- CAH68 Plaza Marienbad
- CAH69 Bathhouse Marienbad
- CAH70 Baths interior Marienbad
- CAH71 Woods near Marienbad
- CAH72 Farm village Czech Republic
- CAH73 Prachatice town square
- CAH74 Prachatice statue Czech R
- CAH75 Domazlice tower gate
- CAH76 Susice plaza and church
- CAH77 Susice plaza Czech R
- CAH78 Church and quest hiuse
- CAH79 Karistejn castle tower
- CAH80 Karlstejn Castle Czech R
Using your GlobeScope Collection DVD
To use the clips on a GlobeScope DVD-ROM you will need Quick Time on your computer.
The GlobeScope video clips on DVD-ROMS can be imported into most non-linear editing programs for Macs and PCs. The clips are broadcast quality QuickTime movie files slightly compressed using the Photo JPEG.mov file type (NTSC, 720 x 486 pixels, 30 frames per second). The clips are too large to play smoothly on many desktops. To play well, a clip should be imported into a non-linear editing program such as Adobe Premier, Adobe Premier Pro, Avid, Avid Express, Media-100, Pinnacle, Final Cut Pro, or i-Movie 4 or later.
If you are editing with an i-Movie program that predates the version included with i-Life 4, you will need to upgrade to i-Life 4. This will automatically convert the .mov clips on this disk into the .dv clips used by i-Movie.
If, after meeting the basic requirements listed above, you continue having problems using clips in the GlobeScope collection, you may return the DVD-ROM to Academic Media Network, Inc., 946 NW Circle Blvd. #295, Corvallis, OR, 97330 with a request that it be replaced with the same collection on a mini-DV tape. For reference to the clips, you may then download the .pdf index file for the collection from the GlobeScope web site.
GlobeScope User License Agreement
You are granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use and modify the GlobeScope images on this disk subject to the following conditions. By using any product on this disk you agree to be bound by the terms of this agreement.
Use License - Anything produced using GlobeScope images must be for personal use or for the use of your school, institution, company, client, or customer who must be the end-user of your work. You may not rent, lend, sell, lease or sub license the images to another institution, business, or other entity. The disk may not be copied for use on multiple computers at the same time.
Non-Retail Uses - The images may be incorporated into a derivative work such as a report, public presentation, promotion of school or local event, film, video, broadcast, internet or print project. The images may not be used, sold, licensed, reproduced or distributed as a stand-alone imagery element, made available as downloadable files, or included in any other clip media and/or stock image product, nor as a set of clips for distribution or resale.
Retail Products - Copies of the derivative works in which the images are allowed to be used may be reproduced, sold, and distributed with the following limitations: The images may not comprise the entire finished work nor may the primary value of the product come from the use of GlobeScope images alone. In addition, you agree to prohibit any third party from duplicating or distributing any of these images included in the finished work. GlobeScope would appreciate a credit line on the finished product that reads "Stock Footage from The GlobeScope Collection".
Special Limitations - The GlobeScope images may not be used in conjunction with defamatory, obscene, fraudulent, libelous, pornographic, immoral or illegal material.
Copyright Academic Media Network, Inc. - holds the copyright to all GlobeScope images. They are protected by United States copyright laws and international treaty agreements. No intellectual property rights are transferred to you and Academic Media Network retains all rights not expressly granted by this license Agreement.
Liability Academic Media Network - or its licensers, will not be liable for any damages or pecuniary loss arising out of the use of or the inability to use the GlobeScope images. Licenser's entire liability and your exclusive remedy will be the amount paid for the particular image collection and no more.