Originally Presented in IMAX Theaters
Deep in the jungles of Guatemala, a black jaguar prowls the ruins of Tikal, a Mayan city that has lain abandoned for a thousand years. What can its fate tell us about our own cities, our own society? To find out, join narrator Harrison Ford on an exploration of the mysteries of our planet's biological diversity. You won't have to book flights and in remote countries in order to examine some the planet's more delicate bio-relationships as this fascinating documentary will take you right there. Tunnel into a metropolis of micro-organisms beneath New York, swim through the kelp forests of the Pacific, and climb to the top of the mysterious mountains in Venezuela that inspired Sir Author Conan Doyle's novel, The Lost World. Discover the wondrous relationships of living things, explore humanity's interconnectedness with nature, and gain insight into the puzzle of human survival itself.
- Making of Featurette
- Commentary by Director and Line Producer
- Endemic Life of Tepuis - An exclusive gallery of plants and insects that exists only on the table top mountains of Venezuela
- Expedition to the Lost World - A behind-the-scenes exploration to the world's highest waterfall.
- A Frog's Tale - A musical children's tale.
- Shadow's Adventure - An animated read-a-long children's story.
- Theatrical Trailer
- 5 Language Tracks - English, French, Spanish, Japanese, Korean