Title consists of 80 broadcast quality digital clips ranging in length from 7 to 25 seconds
New Orleans: NOL (80 clips)
Visit the "big easy", one of North America's most fascinating cities as it was only a few weeks before Hurricane Katrina. From Canal Street and the Mississippi River to the Old French Quarter, this city combines history with a vibrant approach to life.I mages include Jackson Square and its 18th century cathedral, French Quarter streets and balconies, horse drawn carriages, the French Market area, the river front, the downtown business district and some of the city parks. Day and night shots are included as is a small selection of Mardi Gras parades.
- NOL01 St Louis cathedral
- NOL02 Umbrellas and cathedral
- NOL03 Tilts up cathedral
- NOL04 Cathedral and crepe myrtle
- NOL05 Jackson and cathedral 1
- NOL06 Jackson and cathedral 2
- NOL07 Statue Andrew Jackson
- NOL08 Cathedral and fountain
- NOL09 Cathedral zooms out
- NOL10 Cathedral and Cabildo
- NOL11 Zooms in to Jackson
- NOL12 Zooms out from Jackson
- NOL13 Canon and cathedral
- NOL14 Inside St Louis cathedral
- NOL15 Altar in cathedral
- NOL16 St Louis stained glass
- NOL17 Artist Jackson Square
- NOL18 Street by Jackson Square
- NOL19 Cabildo and downtown
- NOL20 Cabildo
- NOL21 The Presbytery
- NOL22 Pontalba building 1
- NOL23 Pontalba building 2
- NOL24 Mississippi and downtown
- NOL25 Ferry boat
- NOL26 French Quarter scene 1
- NOL27 French Quarter scene 2
- NOL28 French Quarter balconies
- NOL29 Crossing Decatur
- NOL30 LSU flag in Quarter
- NOL31 Street corner conversation
- NOL32 French Quarter street
- NOL33 Mule and carriage
- NOL34 Pirate's Alley
- NOL35 Sign post
- NOL36 Street in French Quarter
- NOL37 Horse and buggies
- NOL38 Canons
- NOL39 Decatur and downtown
- NOL40 French Quarter buildings
- NOL41 French Quarter scene 3
- NOL42 Buildings in Quarter
- NOL43 Jackson window display
- NOL44 Quarter traffic and carriage
- NOL45 Joan of Arc with flags
- NOL46 Tourists inFrench Market
- NOL47 French Market courtyard
- NOL48 French Market w/ traffic
- NOL49 French Market w/ tourists 1
- NOL50 French Market w/ tourists 2
- NOL51 French Market w/ street
- NOL52 French Market entrance 1
- NOL53 French Market entrance 2
- NOL54 Tourists in market
- NOL55 Farmer's market
- NOL56 Market with hot sauce 1
- NOL57 Market with hot sauce 2
- NOL58 Flea market
- NOL59 Covered arcade
- NOL60 Restaurant
- NOL61 Fountain on Riverwalk 1
- NOL62 Fountain on Riverwalk 2
- NOL63 Ship and Riverwalk
- NOL64 Streetcar on Canal Street
- NOL65 Streetcar approaches
- NOL66 Canal street
- NOL67 Mardi Gras parade
- NOL68 Mardi Gras float 1
- NOL69 Mardi Gras float 2
- NOL70 Downtown from Quarter
- NOL71 Evening on Bourbon Street
- NOL72 Bourbon Street joint
- NOL73 Evening in Quarter
- NOL74 City and river at night
- NOL75 City from above
- NOL76 City and river from above
- NOL77 Mississippi bridge and city
- NOL78 Quarter from above
- NOL79 City and river at dusk
- NOL80 Ferries on Mississipi
Using your GlobeScope Collection DVD
To use the clips on a GlobeScope DVD-ROM you will need Quick Time on your computer.
The GlobeScope video clips on DVD-ROMS can be imported into most non-linear editing programs for Macs and PCs. The clips are broadcast quality QuickTime movie files slightly compressed using the Photo JPEG.mov file type (NTSC, 720 x 486 pixels, 30 frames per second). The clips are too large to play smoothly on many desktops. To play well, a clip should be imported into a non-linear editing program such as Adobe Premier, Adobe Premier Pro, Avid, Avid Express, Media-100, Pinnacle, Final Cut Pro, or i-Movie 4 or later.
If you are editing with an i-Movie program that predates the version included with i-Life 4, you will need to upgrade to i-Life 4. This will automatically convert the .mov clips on this disk into the .dv clips used by i-Movie.
If, after meeting the basic requirements listed above, you continue having problems using clips in the GlobeScope collection, you may return the DVD-ROM to Academic Media Network, Inc., 946 NW Circle Blvd. #295, Corvallis, OR, 97330 with a request that it be replaced with the same collection on a mini-DV tape. For reference to the clips, you may then download the .pdf index file for the collection from the GlobeScope web site.
GlobeScope User License Agreement
You are granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use and modify the GlobeScope images on this disk subject to the following conditions. By using any product on this disk you agree to be bound by the terms of this agreement.
Use License - Anything produced using GlobeScope images must be for personal use or for the use of your school, institution, company, client, or customer who must be the end-user of your work. You may not rent, lend, sell, lease or sub license the images to another institution, business, or other entity. The disk may not be copied for use on multiple computers at the same time.
Non-Retail Uses - The images may be incorporated into a derivative work such as a report, public presentation, promotion of school or local event, film, video, broadcast, internet or print project. The images may not be used, sold, licensed, reproduced or distributed as a stand-alone imagery element, made available as downloadable files, or included in any other clip media and/or stock image product, nor as a set of clips for distribution or resale.
Retail Products - Copies of the derivative works in which the images are allowed to be used may be reproduced, sold, and distributed with the following limitations: The images may not comprise the entire finished work nor may the primary value of the product come from the use of GlobeScope images alone. In addition, you agree to prohibit any third party from duplicating or distributing any of these images included in the finished work. GlobeScope would appreciate a credit line on the finished product that reads "Stock Footage from The GlobeScope Collection".
Special Limitations - The GlobeScope images may not be used in conjunction with defamatory, obscene, fraudulent, libelous, pornographic, immoral or illegal material.
Copyright Academic Media Network, Inc. - holds the copyright to all GlobeScope images. They are protected by United States copyright laws and international treaty agreements. No intellectual property rights are transferred to you and Academic Media Network retains all rights not expressly granted by this license Agreement.
Liability Academic Media Network - or its licensers, will not be liable for any damages or pecuniary loss arising out of the use of or the inability to use the GlobeScope images. Licenser's entire liability and your exclusive remedy will be the amount paid for the particular image collection and no more.