Title consists of 80 broadcast quality digital clips ranging in length from 7 to 25 seconds
Quebec City and the Saint Lawrence River: QSL (80 clips)
Quebec City is both historic and modern. This dynamic city, which was the cradle of French civilization in North America, prepares to celebrate its 400th anniversary in 2008. Shot in the sunshine of early spring, this collection features the ancient lower town where the first French settlers lived and the vibrant upper town crowned by Chateau Frontenac. There are great views of the city from the fortifications by the Plains of Abraham and shots across the water from the ferries that ply the Saint Lawrence. The second part of this collection starts with the famous pilgrimage church at St-Anne-de-Beaupre and then continues down the Saint Lawrence for spectacular views of the broad river, the smaller rivers feeding the mainstream and the spring migration of Snow Geese.
- QSL01 View of Quebec City
- QSL02 Plains of Abraham
- QSL03 Park Quebec City 1
- QSL04 Park Quebec City 2
- QSL05 Carriage and castle
- QSL06 Fortifications Quebec City
- QSL07 City from fortifications 1
- QSL08 City from fortifications 2
- QSL09 St Lawrence Quebec City
- QSL10 City from fortifications 3
- QSL11 City and St Lawrence
- QSL12 Old Port and Chateau Frontenac
- QSL13 Chateau Frontenac and park
- QSL14 Ferries on St Lawrence
- QSL15 City across water
- QSL16 City framed in sailboat
- QSL17 City and sailboat
- QSL18 Boats and city view
- QSL19 Yacht harbor
- QSL20 Old port area
- QSL21 Quebec city from ferry
- QSL22 Looking at city from ferry
- QSL23 City from ferry
- QSL24 Place Royal 1
- QSL25 Place Royal 2
- QSL26 Place Royal 3
- QSL27 Place Royal 4
- QSL28 Flags Place Royal
- QSL29 Tourists Place Royal 1
- QSL30 Tourists Place Royal 2
- QSL31 Street in lower city
- QSL32 Alley lower city
- QSL33 Church interior
- QSL34 Tilts up lower city
- QSL35 Funicular to upper city
- QSL36 Place d'Arms 1
- QSL37 Place d'Arms 2
- QSL38 Shopping street
- QSL39 Street upper city 1
- QSL40 Street upper city 2
- QSL41 Street upper city 3
- QSL42 Statue of Champlain
- QSL43 Closeup Champlain statue
- QSL44 Face champlain statue
- QSL45 Ferry on St Lawrence
- QSL46 Funicular looking down
- QSL47 Riding funicular down
- QSL48 Chateau Frontenac day
- QSL49 Chateau Frontenac night 1
- QSL50 Chateau Frontenac night 2
- QSL51 St-Anne-de-Beaupre
- QSL52 Basilica St-Anne
- QSL53 St Lawrence River
- QSL54 Ferry crossing St Lawrence
- QSL55 North shore of river
- QSL56 Town on St Lawrence
- QSL57 Snow geese flying
- QSL58 Hamlet on river
- QSL59 Waterfall
- QSL60 Ship on St Lawrence 1
- QSL61 Ship on St Lawrence 2
- QSL62 Falls on small river
- QSL63 Tributary of St Lawrence 1
- QSL64 Tributary of St Lawrence 2
- QSL65 Tributary of St Lawrence 3
- QSL66 Ferry wake
- QSL67 Gulls and ferry wake
- QSL68 Life boat on ferry
- QSL69 Shore from ferry
- QSL70 Rocks on river shore
- QSL71 Snowgeese and St Lawrence
- QSL72 Snowgeese on shore
- QSL73 Snow geese flying
- QSL74 Snow geese feeding 1
- QSL75 Snow geese feeding 2
- QSL76 Snow geese by river
- QSL77 St Lawrence at dusk
- QSL78 St Lawrence sunset 1
- QSL79 Geese at disk
- QSL80 St Lawrence sunset 2
Using your GlobeScope Collection DVD
To use the clips on a GlobeScope DVD-ROM you will need Quick Time on your computer.
The GlobeScope video clips on DVD-ROMS can be imported into most non-linear editing programs for Macs and PCs. The clips are broadcast quality QuickTime movie files slightly compressed using the Photo JPEG.mov file type (NTSC, 720 x 486 pixels, 30 frames per second). The clips are too large to play smoothly on many desktops. To play well, a clip should be imported into a non-linear editing program such as Adobe Premier, Adobe Premier Pro, Avid, Avid Express, Media-100, Pinnacle, Final Cut Pro, or i-Movie 4 or later.
If you are editing with an i-Movie program that predates the version included with i-Life 4, you will need to upgrade to i-Life 4. This will automatically convert the .mov clips on this disk into the .dv clips used by i-Movie.
If, after meeting the basic requirements listed above, you continue having problems using clips in the GlobeScope collection, you may return the DVD-ROM to Academic Media Network, Inc., 946 NW Circle Blvd. #295, Corvallis, OR, 97330 with a request that it be replaced with the same collection on a mini-DV tape. For reference to the clips, you may then download the .pdf index file for the collection from the GlobeScope web site.
GlobeScope User License Agreement
You are granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use and modify the GlobeScope images on this disk subject to the following conditions. By using any product on this disk you agree to be bound by the terms of this agreement.
Use License - Anything produced using GlobeScope images must be for personal use or for the use of your school, institution, company, client, or customer who must be the end-user of your work. You may not rent, lend, sell, lease or sub license the images to another institution, business, or other entity. The disk may not be copied for use on multiple computers at the same time.
Non-Retail Uses - The images may be incorporated into a derivative work such as a report, public presentation, promotion of school or local event, film, video, broadcast, internet or print project. The images may not be used, sold, licensed, reproduced or distributed as a stand-alone imagery element, made available as downloadable files, or included in any other clip media and/or stock image product, nor as a set of clips for distribution or resale.
Retail Products - Copies of the derivative works in which the images are allowed to be used may be reproduced, sold, and distributed with the following limitations: The images may not comprise the entire finished work nor may the primary value of the product come from the use of GlobeScope images alone. In addition, you agree to prohibit any third party from duplicating or distributing any of these images included in the finished work. GlobeScope would appreciate a credit line on the finished product that reads "Stock Footage from The GlobeScope Collection".
Special Limitations - The GlobeScope images may not be used in conjunction with defamatory, obscene, fraudulent, libelous, pornographic, immoral or illegal material.
Copyright Academic Media Network, Inc. - holds the copyright to all GlobeScope images. They are protected by United States copyright laws and international treaty agreements. No intellectual property rights are transferred to you and Academic Media Network retains all rights not expressly granted by this license Agreement.
Liability Academic Media Network - or its licensers, will not be liable for any damages or pecuniary loss arising out of the use of or the inability to use the GlobeScope images. Licenser's entire liability and your exclusive remedy will be the amount paid for the particular image collection and no more.