Title consists of 80 broadcast quality digital clips ranging in length from 7 to 25 seconds
North American Cities West: NCW (80 clips)
A great urban collection featuring some of the West's most interesting cities. Included are images from the west coast cities of Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, Portland, Seattle, Victoria, BC and Vancouver, BC. Other western cites in this collection are Las Vegas, Tucson, Houston and Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
- NCW01 Los Angeles skyline zoom
- NCW02 LA Center pan
- NCW03 LA downtown
- NCW04 LA street and buildings
- NCW05 LA downtown pan
- NCW06 LA City Hall
- NCW07 Old Town LA
- NCW08 Hollywood
- NCW09 Stars on Hollywood walk
- NCW10 Houses, Venice canal
- NCW11 Boats LA
- NCW12 San Diego bay and city
- NCW13 Balboa Park San Diego
- NCW14 Balboa Park fountain
- NCW15 Balboa Park arch
- NCW16 Balboa Park San Diego
- NCW17 Mission San Diego
- NCW18 Golden Gate San Francisco
- NCW19 Boats SF
- NCW20 Tourists San Francisco
- NCW21 Fisherman's Wharf SF
- NCW22 Fisherman's Wharf pan
- NCW23 Union Square SF
- NCW24 Cable car on street
- NCW25 Turning cable car
- NCW26 Cable car on street
- NCW27 Portland OR skyline
- NCW28 Portland skyline zoom
- NCW29 Portland buildings
- NCW30 Willarnette River Portland
- NCW31 River front park Portland
- NCW32 Kids in fountain Portland
- NCW33 Music festival Portland
- NCW34 Seattle WA from ferry
- NCW35 Seattle skyline
- NCW36 Pike St Market Seattle
- NCW37 Fish market Seattle
- NCW38 Carved figure Seattle
- NCW39 Bridge and space needle Seattle
- NCW40 Waterfront Victoria BC
- NCW41 Capitol at night Victoria BC
- NCW42 Vancouver skyline BC
- NCW43 Bikers and rollers Vancouver BC
- NCW44 Yacht harbor Vancouver BC
- NCW45 North Vancouver BC
- NCW46 Downtown Vancouver BC
- NCW47 Vancouver BC at night
- NCW48 Early morning Vancouver
- NCW49 Traffic Las Vegas NV
- NCW50 Evening traffic Las Vegas
- NCW51 Evening lights Las Vegas
- NCW52 Fountain and skylne Las Vegas
- NCW53 Lighted fountain Las Vegas
- NCW54 Las Vegas night tilt
- NCW55 People, LV fountain
- NCW56 Las Vegas at night
- NCW57 Sculpture Tucson AZ
- NCW58 Downtown Tucson
- NCW59 Tucson tilt
- NCW60 Tucson park
- NCW61 Tucson cactus garden
- NCW62 Tucson fountain
- NCW63 Tucson statue
- NCW64 San Antonio TX downtown
- NCW65 River and boat San Antonio
- NCW66 Oldtown San Antonio 1
- NCW67 Oldtown San Antonio 2
- NCW68 Alamo San Antonio
- NCW69 Spanish mission San Antonio
- NCW70 Houston TX skyline 1
- NCW71 Houston skyline 2
- NCW72 Houston skyline zoom
- NCW73 Houston buildings tilt
- NCW74 Houston with bicycles
- NCW75 Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
- NCW76 Winnipeg view over river
- NCW77 Winnipeg downtown
- NCW78 Winnipeg bridge
- NCW79 Winnipeg from above
- NCW80 Winnipeg civic buildings
Using your GlobeScope Collection DVD
To use the clips on a GlobeScope DVD-ROM you will need Quick Time on your computer.
The GlobeScope video clips on DVD-ROMS can be imported into most non-linear editing programs for Macs and PCs. The clips are broadcast quality QuickTime movie files slightly compressed using the Photo JPEG.mov file type (NTSC, 720 x 486 pixels, 30 frames per second). The clips are too large to play smoothly on many desktops. To play well, a clip should be imported into a non-linear editing program such as Adobe Premier, Adobe Premier Pro, Avid, Avid Express, Media-100, Pinnacle, Final Cut Pro, or i-Movie 4 or later.
If you are editing with an i-Movie program that predates the version included with i-Life 4, you will need to upgrade to i-Life 4. This will automatically convert the .mov clips on this disk into the .dv clips used by i-Movie.
If, after meeting the basic requirements listed above, you continue having problems using clips in the GlobeScope collection, you may return the DVD-ROM to Academic Media Network, Inc., 946 NW Circle Blvd. #295, Corvallis, OR, 97330 with a request that it be replaced with the same collection on a mini-DV tape. For reference to the clips, you may then download the .pdf index file for the collection from the GlobeScope web site.
GlobeScope User License Agreement
You are granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use and modify the GlobeScope images on this disk subject to the following conditions. By using any product on this disk you agree to be bound by the terms of this agreement.
Use License - Anything produced using GlobeScope images must be for personal use or for the use of your school, institution, company, client, or customer who must be the end-user of your work. You may not rent, lend, sell, lease or sub license the images to another institution, business, or other entity. The disk may not be copied for use on multiple computers at the same time.
Non-Retail Uses - The images may be incorporated into a derivative work such as a report, public presentation, promotion of school or local event, film, video, broadcast, internet or print project. The images may not be used, sold, licensed, reproduced or distributed as a stand-alone imagery element, made available as downloadable files, or included in any other clip media and/or stock image product, nor as a set of clips for distribution or resale.
Retail Products - Copies of the derivative works in which the images are allowed to be used may be reproduced, sold, and distributed with the following limitations: The images may not comprise the entire finished work nor may the primary value of the product come from the use of GlobeScope images alone. In addition, you agree to prohibit any third party from duplicating or distributing any of these images included in the finished work. GlobeScope would appreciate a credit line on the finished product that reads "Stock Footage from The GlobeScope Collection".
Special Limitations - The GlobeScope images may not be used in conjunction with defamatory, obscene, fraudulent, libelous, pornographic, immoral or illegal material.
Copyright Academic Media Network, Inc. - holds the copyright to all GlobeScope images. They are protected by United States copyright laws and international treaty agreements. No intellectual property rights are transferred to you and Academic Media Network retains all rights not expressly granted by this license Agreement.
Liability Academic Media Network - or its licensers, will not be liable for any damages or pecuniary loss arising out of the use of or the inability to use the GlobeScope images. Licenser's entire liability and your exclusive remedy will be the amount paid for the particular image collection and no more.