Title consists of 80 broadcast quality digital clips ranging in length from 7 to 25 seconds
South Sea Islands: SSI (80 clips)
Scenes from the Cook Islands, Fiji, and Tonga include beaches, reefs, lagoons, sailboats, coconut palms, tropical flowers, taro plantations, settlements, traditions, agriculture and fishing. Both high and low islands are represented with scenes from the islands of Rarotonga, Aitutaki, Viti Levu, Taveuni, Beqa, Tongatapu and Vava’u.
- SSI01 Beach Rarotonga Cook Islands
- SSI02 Collecting in lagoon Rarotonga
- SSI03 Swimming Rarotonga
- SSI04 Boys boating and dog
- SSI05 Sailing canoe in lagoon
- SSI06 Fishing along reef
- SSI07 Horse in lagoon Rarotonga
- SSI08 Coconuts on tree
- SSI09 Man climbs coconut tree
- SSI10 Taking husk off coconut
- SSI11 Shredding coconut meat
- SSI12 Mountainous Rarotonga
- SSI13 Interior mountains Raratonga
- SSI14 Tropical crops Rarotonga
- SSI15 Plowing with tractor
- SSI16 Main road Rarotonga
- SSI17 Lane with boy and tractor
- SSI18 Old church Rarotonga
- SSI19 Coconut palms Rarotonga
- SSI20 Evening on Rarotonga beach
- SSI21 Beach Aitutaki Cook Islands
- SSI22 Aitutaki Atoll lagoon
- SSI23 Bird in Aitutaki lagoon
- SSI24 Aiutaki lagoon
- SSI25 Water front trees Aitutaki
- SSI26 Entrance Aitutaki lagoon
- SSI27 Man on raft with palm tree
- SSI28 Evening Aitutaki
- SSI29 Setting sun and coconut palm
- SSI30 Downtown Suva Fiji
- SSI31 Crossing street in Suva
- SSI32 Canoes and ship Suva Fiji
- SSI33 Canoe and ship Fiji
- SSI34 Sunset near Suva Fiji
- SSI35 Ocean view Taveuni Fiji
- SSI36 Coastal landscape Taveuni
- SSI37 Coconut palms and clouds Fiji
- SSI38 Walking down road Taveuni
- SSI39 Coconuts and sea Fiji
- SSI40 Hills and clouds Taveuni
- SSI41 Catholic church Taveuni
- SSI42 Stream and houses Taveuni
- SSI43 Golf course and palms Taveuni
- SSI44 Woman and child on Fiji road
- SSI45 Taro plantation Taveuni
- SSI46 Burning coconut husks
- SSI47 Pineapple plantation Taveuni
- SSI48 Canoes Taveuni Fiji
- SSI49 Tree ferns Taveuni
- SSI50 Waves on beach Taveuni
- SSI51 Tiki figure Taveuni
- SSI52 Fern in forest Taveuni
- SSI53 Waterfall Taveuni
- SSI54 Sunset Taveuni
- SSI55 Bega Island in distance Fiji
- SSI56 Looking toward Bega Island
- SSI57 Coastal landscape Bega
- SSI58 Flowers and palms Bega
- SSI59 Coast at low tide Bega
- SSI60 Path into forest Bega
- SSI61 Rainforest trees Bega
- SSI62 Men in boat Bega
- SSI63 White sand beach and palm Fiji
- SSI64 Coral stone trilithon Tonga
- SSI65 Ancient monument Tonga
- SSI66 Road on Tongatapu Tonga
- SSI67 Small boat and coast Tonga
- SSI68 Boarding boat Tonga
- SSI69 Yacht harbor Vava'u Tonga
- SSI70 Church in Neiafu Vava'u
- SSI71 View from sailboat Tonga
- SSI72 Waves on beach Tonga
- SSI73 Fishing boat Tonga
- SSI74 Palms, waves and shadows
- SSI75 Reef at low tide Tonga
- SSI76 Collecting seafoods Tonga
- SSI77 Bluestar sea star Tonga
- SSI78 Coral at low tide Tonga
- SSI79 Sea snail on reef Tonga
- SSI80 Sail boat in evening Tonga
Using your GlobeScope Collection DVD
To use the clips on a GlobeScope DVD-ROM you will need Quick Time on your computer.
The GlobeScope video clips on DVD-ROMS can be imported into most non-linear editing programs for Macs and PCs. The clips are broadcast quality QuickTime movie files slightly compressed using the Photo JPEG.mov file type (NTSC, 720 x 486 pixels, 30 frames per second). The clips are too large to play smoothly on many desktops. To play well, a clip should be imported into a non-linear editing program such as Adobe Premier, Adobe Premier Pro, Avid, Avid Express, Media-100, Pinnacle, Final Cut Pro, or i-Movie 4 or later.
If you are editing with an i-Movie program that predates the version included with i-Life 4, you will need to upgrade to i-Life 4. This will automatically convert the .mov clips on this disk into the .dv clips used by i-Movie.
If, after meeting the basic requirements listed above, you continue having problems using clips in the GlobeScope collection, you may return the DVD-ROM to Academic Media Network, Inc., 946 NW Circle Blvd. #295, Corvallis, OR, 97330 with a request that it be replaced with the same collection on a mini-DV tape. For reference to the clips, you may then download the .pdf index file for the collection from the GlobeScope web site.
GlobeScope User License Agreement
You are granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use and modify the GlobeScope images on this disk subject to the following conditions. By using any product on this disk you agree to be bound by the terms of this agreement.
Use License - Anything produced using GlobeScope images must be for personal use or for the use of your school, institution, company, client, or customer who must be the end-user of your work. You may not rent, lend, sell, lease or sub license the images to another institution, business, or other entity. The disk may not be copied for use on multiple computers at the same time.
Non-Retail Uses - The images may be incorporated into a derivative work such as a report, public presentation, promotion of school or local event, film, video, broadcast, internet or print project. The images may not be used, sold, licensed, reproduced or distributed as a stand-alone imagery element, made available as downloadable files, or included in any other clip media and/or stock image product, nor as a set of clips for distribution or resale.
Retail Products - Copies of the derivative works in which the images are allowed to be used may be reproduced, sold, and distributed with the following limitations: The images may not comprise the entire finished work nor may the primary value of the product come from the use of GlobeScope images alone. In addition, you agree to prohibit any third party from duplicating or distributing any of these images included in the finished work. GlobeScope would appreciate a credit line on the finished product that reads "Stock Footage from The GlobeScope Collection".
Special Limitations - The GlobeScope images may not be used in conjunction with defamatory, obscene, fraudulent, libelous, pornographic, immoral or illegal material.
Copyright Academic Media Network, Inc. - holds the copyright to all GlobeScope images. They are protected by United States copyright laws and international treaty agreements. No intellectual property rights are transferred to you and Academic Media Network retains all rights not expressly granted by this license Agreement.
Liability Academic Media Network - or its licensers, will not be liable for any damages or pecuniary loss arising out of the use of or the inability to use the GlobeScope images. Licenser's entire liability and your exclusive remedy will be the amount paid for the particular image collection and no more.